The first problem you'd have would be activation. You wouldn't be able to activate Windows on the 2nd notebook. The next problem would be drivers unless the 2 notebooks were 100% identical. If it were me, I'd go to and download the ISO for the correct version of Windows 7, burn it to a DVD, and use that to install on that notebook using the COA code on its sticker. That will work. You'll need to download the drivers you need from Acer, and of course you'll need to reinstall your software.

When you've gotten your system back like you want it, I urge you to get yourself an external hard drive and a good 3rd party backup program. You can set it up to do everything automagically at the time and frequency of your choice. 1 TB external hard drives are about $70 these days and a really good FREE backup program is the Easeus todo backup free which you can download from . That can save you a lot of time and frustration the next time something like this happens. Sooner or later it happens to all computers for one reason or another.

Good luck.