LG

Resolved Question

Mirror tablet diplay on to tv

by zen_nudist / February 27, 2013 2:32 PM PST

long time follower, first time poster, that being said, i have a question about having my tablet extended onto LG smart TV, is it possible?

I don't mean file sharing or just playing music and video files ( i have Nero and it shares everything i need from PC to TV and Allshare for files on the tab) . But actually have what i am doing on the tablet come up on the TV so i don't have to look at the tab.

the TV i have is the 42LS5700 with all softwear up to date and the Tablet is the GT-P5100.

so any help is wanted and considered.

Thank you

zen_nudist has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mirror tablet diplay on to tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mirror tablet diplay on to tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by zen_nudist

Collapse -
Re: tablet on TV
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 27, 2013 4:09 PM PST

All the TV needs to have is a hdmi input. If that's OK it depends on what outputs the tablet has. But since it is a Samsung tablet, this LG forum is the wrong place to ask. Better ask in our http://forums.cnet.com/tablet-forum/ if you can't find out about it yourself. Assuming it has HDMI also (I really don't know) you only need a hdmi-cable.

Kees

Collapse -
mirror display
by zen_nudist / February 27, 2013 10:55 PM PST
In reply to: Re: tablet on TV

I guess i did the silliest thing an left out the important fact of i wanted a Wireless Option.

getting the wired way to work isn't a problem, its looking for a wireless option that i really need, as the tv is wall mounted and the cables and plugs on the side of the tv are a little it of a mission to get to.

Thank you for the tip on where to post in future, this being my first time usin gthese forums i thought an LG related idea might go into the LG forums, my bad

Collapse -
Re: forums
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 27, 2013 11:22 PM PST
In reply to: mirror display

Not your fault. Wireless needs hardware and software on both sides, so it was good question then.

But as you didn't mention wireless, displaying a hdmi-signal via a hdmi-cable is so basic for a modern TV that it's not an issue for any TV forum (unless it doesn't work).

Best of luck with your endeavours.

Kees

Collapse -
sharing HP MINI netbook screen to LG Smart TV
by liykhan / February 28, 2013 6:01 AM PST
In reply to: Re: forums

Hiya...

i am trying to share HP MINI netbook screen to 55LM760T. i can share my content via nero/dlna... i can connect it with VGA cable however i dont get a good quality of videos on the TV... i like to watch movies on veetle or some web page videos which is not possible on TV IE... is there a software to share screens over wifi so i dont need to connect VGA cable... (NO HDMI avail)

any info vl b appreciated ...

Collapse -
Re: video
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 28, 2013 6:13 AM PST

Why do you think the quality would be better wireless than it is now? If the netbook doesn't have HDMI there is no need for it to deliver a better resolution than needed for its own screen using VGA.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: software to share screens over WiFi
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 28, 2013 4:10 PM PST

That would have to be 2-sided software. Your netbook should send it, your TV should receive it.

So now turn to the user manual of the TV and find out if it has an app to receive a shared screen over WiFi.

Kees

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.