Windows 7 forum

Alert

Minimizing folder is showing as file copy folder in taskbar

by thangamani20 / March 2, 2012 6:44 PM PST

During multiple file coping(file transferring) from one folders to other folders while minimizing all the folder at the time, check the status in taskbar, it showing all folder as file coping folder. is it expected in aero themas or its issue.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Minimizing folder is showing as file copy folder in taskbar
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Minimizing folder is showing as file copy folder in taskbar
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Confused.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 2, 2012 6:55 PM PST

I'm sorry but I am not sure what the situation is or what the question is.

Can you restate the question in other terms please?

I would say one thing. I try to avoid multiple file copying from several folders to several folders at the same time. It might overtax the CPU and RAM, and if one of the copying processes falters and fails, then you could lose a lot of work.

I 'think' what you are asking is this. When you hover the mouse over the folder icons in the Taskbar, you see the "File Copy" progress bar in each. That is to be expected, but if the file copy progress bar is displayed for any length of time then that would mean you are doing an awful lot of file copying.

Mark

Collapse -
re
by thangamani20 / March 3, 2012 12:45 PM PST
In reply to: Confused.

when ever the mouse over the folder icons in the Taskbar, i see the "File Copy" progress bar in each of my minimizing folder also.

Collapse -
Yep, that's right
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 3, 2012 7:58 PM PST
In reply to: re

and proper.

Bob's link seems useful and I might try it myself.

But I would still be concerned by your statement that you are copying multiple times at the same time from multiple folders to multiple folders. It's just that if it fails at any point the damage could be bad.

Mark

Collapse -
If you really want to go out on a limb.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2012 1:34 AM PST
In reply to: Yep, that's right

Be sure to do that to USB FLASH DRIVES.

Collapse -
Memory sticks?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 4, 2012 2:17 AM PST

What happens then? I've never multi-copied to flash drives/memory sticks. Well I have but not to the extent the OP seems to be doing.

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) Ever try to unscramble eggs?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 4, 2012 5:40 AM PST
In reply to: Memory sticks?
Collapse -
(NT) Ahh!
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 5, 2012 4:19 AM PST
Collapse -
Did you change
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 3, 2012 12:07 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.