Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Microsoft Picture It Publishing Platinum 2002

by jackpete / April 25, 2007 2:23 AM PDT

Publishing Platinum 2002 will not run in Vista Home Premium Edition

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Picture It Publishing Platinum 2002
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Picture It Publishing Platinum 2002
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Picture it! Publinshing Platinum 2002
by videographer68 / May 3, 2007 3:27 AM PDT

I am having the same problem.

Collapse -
by cinnysim / October 3, 2007 9:07 AM PDT

I'm new to this forum...just am asking if there's any update to Microsoft Picture It! Platinum 2002 or any way to adapt my present software to Windows Vista. I've had no luck with Customer Support at Microsoft.

Collapse -
Update to Microsoft Picture It Publishing Platinum 2002?
by cinnysim / October 3, 2007 9:04 AM PDT

I found that Microsoft does not have an update...the only alternative is Microsoft Publishing...$169! Any suggestions?

Collapse -
have you tried
by bowacl / October 3, 2007 1:29 PM PDT

opening the CD, not using auto run, right mouse click on the cd drive and choose open and then looking for the setup.exe and then properties on that with the right mouse click and then using run this in Compatibility mode for XP?

I have been able to get all my old software to work doing this accept MS's Motorcycle Madness but had problems with that on XP also since it's a older windows 95 program.

Collapse -
I tired everything!
by momzy3 / December 18, 2007 3:06 AM PST
In reply to: have you tried

I did what you said but when it came to the question about XP there was none there. I am so frustrated about this Pic It 2002 on Vista. When I open Pic It, it opens ok.. but when I try to make something I get this>>> URL its:C:\ Program Files\microsoft Picture It! 2002\Open Scn 6.its::\thumbs V6.htm... Does anyone have any idea what that is or how to fix it? I am making a Christmas Present and really need to get this program to work. Thanks

Collapse -
your right
by momzy3 / December 18, 2007 4:04 AM PST

I finally got tired of trying everything to get it to work so I called Microsoft.They told me to call HP ( which is the PC that I use ). I told them about my problem and they responded with>>> Picture It! 2002 is not compatible with Vista<<< SO I guess my search is over. I now have the option of never using Picture It again, or sell this new computer. I am very frustrated at Vista.. Why make something that is not compatible with programs that are compatible on XP? I would think there would be a driver that you can download to make it work or something!. OHH WELLL anyone want to buy a new PC cheap? ( sooo upset )

Collapse -
Have you tried to find something else
by bowacl / December 18, 2007 8:07 AM PST
In reply to: your right

I currently am running Microsoft Picture It Express 9 and Microsoft Picture It Starter Edition on Vista, neither are the publisher type you seem to have tho. If you are not able to access the Compatibility mode when you right click on the setup.exe icon when you Open the CD then you may not be in the right spot for it or on the right install icon. I have had to do it on 3 very old dos/95 games so they would work. If you would consider moving on, HP actually offers many templates and a photo program called HP Photo Essentials, that is suppose to work to make cards if that was your aim.

(Link Must Be Copied and Pasted)

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
acctually not cards
by momzy3 / December 18, 2007 11:40 PM PST

I did finally find the Run XP? and checked that but it still didnt make my progam work. Sad
Actually,, what I want to make is a collage and that program is so easy to do it with. I really didn't want to have to buy another program but I will check out the ones that you listed. But before I buy anything I will call HP and make sure it is compatible. In the mean time ,, I will look for a collage program on the net.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.