Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Does Not Work!

by rogerthai / October 18, 2006 4:12 AM PDT

I have a Dell Dimension 4400 that my Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 works just fine. My Dell 4400 has Windows XP Home Edition. When I install my Picture It! Photo 2002 on my Dell Dimension 8300 that is running Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2, I am having problems opening any files. I can open the Picture It Program, but everytime I choose to open any type of file I get this Error Message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program:C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftPictureIt\2002\pip.exe

abnormal program termination

My Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 is:
Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 (V6.0.829.0)
Product ID: 29006-OEM-0000007-00000

My Internet Explorer is:

Internet Explorer: Version 6.0.2900.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158
Product ID: 76477-OEM-0011903-00102

I suspect my Internet Explorer version is giving me the problem. Can any one help me resolve this problem?
I have considered installing the same OS on my Dell 8300 that I am running on my Dell 4400. I think this might resolve the issue. But it would be better if I can adjust my Picture It! 2002 Program to work on my OS that came with my Dell Dimension 8300. I called Microsoft Software Tech support concerning my Picture It! program, but they claim that after 5 years when a software comes out they charge $35.00 for support. I checked their tech website out, but could not find any answers. I would be most appreciative to anyone that might be able to help me in this matter. I was thinking that someone else might have had this same problem. Thanks...

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Does Not Work!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Does Not Work!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wrong Forum - Too Much information
by entrecon / October 18, 2006 4:29 AM PDT

This forum is for Microsoft Office, this would be better in the Windows software forum. You also should not post your product ID/Serial number for any product.

Collapse -
How much RAM in that machine?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 18, 2006 4:40 AM PDT
Collapse -
Microsof Picture It
by s j mac / November 20, 2006 3:18 AM PST
Collapse -
Fix For Picture It 2002
by nflfan_22 / July 9, 2010 3:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Microsof Picture It

Does anyone still have this fix available? The link posted does not work because Microsoft has withdrawn support for Picture It.
Thanks in advance for your time and attention.

Message was edited by: admin to remove email address

Collapse -
That email address.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 9, 2010 6:58 AM PDT

You sure you want to post your email address in public forums like these?

Forum Bots trawl these and other forums for email addresses, so they can be spammed.

Mark

Collapse -
Email
by nflfan_22 / July 11, 2010 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: That email address.

Mark, sorry I'm kinda new to this so it probably wasn't very smart. Then again, now that I've done it, I don't know of a way to edit the post to remove it. Any suggestions? Also, any ideas where I can go for the fix if Microsoft's taken it off their support site?
Thanks & regards.

Collapse -
(NT) No problem. Our Admin has removed it.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 12, 2010 2:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Email
Collapse -
Runtime Error
by Tommy Woolsey / December 3, 2008 5:44 AM PST

I have the same problem with nearly the same machines. Have tried everything but with the same results that you have had. Don't know what to do. Will keep asking and poking around. Let me know if you ever get a solution and I'll do the same.

Collapse -
Microsoft Picture 2002 Problem!
by Ralf Bittner / March 17, 2009 2:38 AM PDT

I understand now no longer at Microsoft Picture IZ 2002, in my ad, I do not know why! Have I since 2002, a CD with Microsoft Picture 2002 IT bought and costs about 145, -

Collapse -
Can Microsoft Picture It Premium 2002 run on IE7?
by shakeherjunk / April 20, 2009 8:00 AM PDT

I was looking on Amazon that it is compatible with XP. I didn't see any certain Internet Explorer listed for it to run. So i'm assuming it can run on later versions of IE?

Collapse -
Microsoft Picture It! Photo 2002 Does Not Work!
by crusader37 / April 25, 2011 7:16 AM PDT

who said it doesnt work?? yes it does work too..ive had it since 2002.. it does work wonderfully.. i wouldnt trade it for nothin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.