Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Microsoft Picture It 2002 Crash Patch for XP only

by Wallstridr / July 13, 2008 6:28 AM PDT

If Picture It 2002 Plat. crashes on your system when you select a project then you probably need to apply this patch download it install and reboot your system it should work fine now. It only works with Windows XP not Vista. The program is not supported anymore so they will be no patch for Vista also some of the projects in Picture It do not work after the fix this is not caused by the patch is is an error in the program itself.but it's only a very.

Here is the download link to the Microsoft Picture It patch.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316861

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Picture It 2002 Crash Patch for XP only
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Picture It 2002 Crash Patch for XP only
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
link doesn't work
by jelomurphy / March 4, 2009 11:53 PM PST

Help! I really needed this link! I was so happy when I found it, as my picture it won't let me into my pics etc... I just need it to work long enough to print, then I'm going to find another program! I love picture it but hate the troubles! Can I still get this link somehow???

Collapse -
Try
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2009 12:48 AM PST
In reply to: link doesn't work
Collapse -
Thanks!
by jelomurphy / March 5, 2009 1:29 AM PST
In reply to: Try

I tried them all, it says it can't find microsoft picture it on my pc??? Should I try re installing the program again then trying the update. I can still open the software, just not the task I want. Hmmm.

Collapse -
Did you change the search to match your version?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 5, 2009 1:32 AM PST
In reply to: Thanks!

I offered an EXAMPLE for you to start with. I thought it best to give you a starting point.
Bob

Collapse -
Microsoft Picture it! Publishing 2002 Patch (Update)
by tridiv / September 27, 2009 9:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
Picture It 2002 Platinum
by res45 / November 3, 2009 10:34 AM PST

Microsoft no longer supports the program and the previous link I had provided no longer works. I have received numerous email requesting the patch,so I though it best to put in on a download server for all to use. Remember it only works with Windows XP. just download the .exe file double click let it run and restart Picture It.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qtdnjmbz02d/pi19299.exe

Collapse -
Thank you PIP fixed
by Ceramikca / September 22, 2010 9:27 AM PDT

Much appreciated

Collapse -
Picture it Publisher 2002
by robin359er / August 2, 2011 9:25 AM PDT

Thanks so much. Just finally found my old favorite program again . And its great to get to use it once more! Thanks Big time!

Collapse -
(NT) PIP2002
by robin359er / August 2, 2011 9:27 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) picture it publisher 2002
by robin359er / August 2, 2011 9:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
picture it publisher 2002
by robin359er / August 2, 2011 9:29 AM PDT

Thanks so much. Its my old favorite program again . And its great to get to use it once more! Thanks Big time!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.