Windows 7 forum

Question

Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll load error

by arkspur / May 1, 2011 8:40 PM PDT

PC: Hewlett Packard P6360UK (Product # WE170AA-ABU)

When any of the users of my home PC logs on, three warning popups appear.

The two warnings associated with IAStorIcon.exe (related to Intel Rapid Recover Technology - part of Intel Matrix Storage Technology) and KiesHelper.exe (related to Samsung One-step program for managing mobile devices) are:

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded

The warning associated with MOM.exe (part of ATI Technologies Catalyst Control Center) reports a different filepath (Framework64)

c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll could not be loaded

I don't know whether or not I am losing any functionality or performance as a consequence of this error but, at the least, it is irritating to get these popups every time. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll load error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscoreei.dll load error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
What happens if you (re)install ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / May 1, 2011 8:49 PM PDT

.Net framework 4.0?

Kees

Collapse -
Fatal error when I try to reinstall .NET Framework 4
by arkspur / May 9, 2011 6:07 AM PDT

Have tried running direct from Microsoft support site and downloading the standalone installer to my desktop and running from there. Same result in both cases....installation gets so far then "rolls back" and reports a fatal error.

Collapse -
Just Some Thoughts..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / May 9, 2011 6:47 AM PDT

The errors regarding the missing "mscoreei.dll" file indicate that the file is either missing or isn't loading. Apparently, NET Framework is being requested by a startup program, probably "KiesHelper.exe" and the Matrix storage technology. Check the HP site for any updated SATA or storage driver updates. You might also try accessing "msconfig", or one of the other startup locations and disabling the "KiesHelper.exe" program from running at startup. But if you're using a mobile device with this computer, disabling this item will cause it to take a lot longer to start Kies.

Next, in order to correctly install NET Framework 4.0, uninstalling the 4.0 stuff on the computer now, and install the TWO downloadable installers from the links below, IN THE ORDER I give them.

First, visit the Windows Update site and makes sure all other critical updates are current.

Next......
1. NET Framework 4 Client Profile
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=e5ad0459-cbcc-4b4f-97b6-fb17111cf544

2. NET Framework 4.0 Full
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0A391ABD-25C1-4FC0-919F-B21F31AB88B7

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
I followed your advice to the letter and it worked!
by arkspur / May 12, 2011 7:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Just Some Thoughts..

Thank you very much, my problem is resolved!

Collapse -
(NT) Good Job & Thanks For Posting Back !
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / May 12, 2011 9:30 AM PDT
Collapse -
Same problem and fixed
by rodkau / December 24, 2011 6:43 AM PST

Thank you for the help. It was about a month ago that I thought I had an infection and in the process of using a new cleaning method managed to do something to the Framework 4 files. i couldn't use several applications including HP Maintenance Tools and finger print identification program loaded with my computer. Thank you for helping me clear this problem.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.