I can not agree more! RMS is unbelievably BAD. I am a retail management professional with 25 years of experience in some of the nations leading retailers. We have been using RMS for over 2 years in our 4 door chain and are still working out major bugs and trying to nail down even the most basic of processes. If you buy this system, plan on having a full time consultant on hand. Microsoft calls the RMS system an 80% solution; meaning it would do 80% of what most retailers need right out of the box. The remaining 20% is customizable. I would give this maybe at 15% solution. The designers of this platform lack the most basic understanding of retail business management and have clearly never worked in retail management. We have spent thousands of $?s on solving problems with this system and I spend more time trying to rectify system problems than I do analyzing and managing my business.
The most frustrating thing is this system has all the information you would want but it makes it impossible to use the information or view it in any way that is remotely helpful. As a POS (point of Sale) system it works fine, however as an inventory and sales manaement system it is a complete POS (piece of Sh**)
I own this software and have used it for countless hours. There are no reviews for it, so I am posting one. Hopefully some search engines find this. Do not buy this system. It is extremely hard to use, and even after mastering it, you find that there are a large numbers of missing features that make it useless. I cannot suggest anything else because I am stuck with this. I could write a book about why is is bad. Just dont buy it. I hopes this saves sombody years of upset and wasted time and money.