Windows Legacy OS

General discussion

Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard not working

by karenabotta / February 19, 2007 12:30 PM PST

Hello,
I'm having problems getting my wizard to come up when I use my card reader or if I put in a cd. I use to get the options in a box to read files, play , or to transfer photos. Now I don't get that option. I think it may be a file missing in my regestry. Can anyone help me to get that back?
Thank You,
Karen
AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2500+
1.85 GHZ, 512mb Of Ram

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not sure about the Card Reader.......
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 19, 2007 6:54 PM PST

but the CD problem may be because the wizard has been set to "Take no action".

A quick test is, with a CD that is not a blank inserted into the drive, if you open My Computer then click, (or double click depending on your setup), the CD drive, do you see the contents?

If so, click the back button in My Computer to get you back to the drive listing, right click the CD drive and select Properties. In the Properties dialog window, select the AutoPlay tab and see what actions have been selected for each type of CD, (eg music, pictures, video, etc).

Or, make sure the "Prompt me each time to choose an action" radio button is selected.

This may be the case for your card reader, but I've never used one, so I am not sure.

I hope that helps.

Mark

Collapse -
Re: Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard not working
by Tufenuf / February 19, 2007 8:44 PM PST

Karen, Try this:
Click Start>Run and type in:

REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL

Click OK

Restart your computer.

Note that there's
a space between 32 and S

Did you recently download and install RealPlayer as it has caused problems with the Microsoft Camera and Scanner Wizard?

Tufenuf

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.