Samsung forum

General discussion

Microphone smart tv (tearing my hair out)

by Katie7075 / March 7, 2013 9:46 PM PST

Is there anybody out there please who can tell me how to install a microphone that can be used through Red Karaoke. I have looked everywhere on the net but even with the vast amount of info on the Samsung smart tv there is nothing to tell a layman or woman like me how to set up a karaoke mic or what mic to buy. I have the 51" one but can't find the serial number. Please help I would really appreciate it. Many thanks to you all.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Microphone smart tv (tearing my hair out)
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Microphone smart tv (tearing my hair out)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: smart TV
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 7, 2013 9:54 PM PST

No need for the serial number, and the size isn't important either, but the model code is necessary. That's something that looks like UE55ES8000, for example.

Looking on the net shouldn't be necessary if you have the user manual. User manuals are meant for laywomen like you. Most often, it mentions the model number also.

Kees

Collapse -
Re: Microphone smart tv (tearing my hair out)
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 8, 2013 12:00 AM PST

Hi Katie7075

Thanks for your question. Even without any info, I can tell you that I know of no US model that support line input of any kind by a 3.5 mm jack (standard microphone connection), and I know of no support for any sound input other than the built-in mic on certain models for SmartTV commands.

So if you can tell me the complete model code, as Kees suggested, and how you're tying to use the Red Karaoke, as the app on the TV or otherwise, I'll gladly help as I can.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Microphone for Red Karaoke App for Samsung PN60F8500
by sm35975 / January 23, 2014 5:51 AM PST

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to connect a microphone to use with the Red Karaoke App (or any other karaoke app) with a Samsung PN60F8500 smart TV.

Thanks!

Collapse -
Same question
by hazzzard / December 28, 2014 2:44 AM PST

I have a Samsung model UN50H5500AFXZA 50" Smart TV. I am wondering if I can use an external microphone with the Red Karaoke app. I have a USB microphone that doesn't seem to be working.

Thanks

Collapse -
So far
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 28, 2014 2:51 AM PST
In reply to: Same question

I've yet to find any Smart TV (current years of 2013 to 2014) that support USB or any other than the maker's mics.

I know some confuse PCs with Smart TVs. That's like comparing a toaster with a blender.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.