Speakeasy

General discussion

MIA - Chuck Norris's beard.

by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2013 9:16 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MIA - Chuck Norris's beard.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MIA - Chuck Norris's beard.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
He doesn't look too worried.....
by Josh K / March 20, 2013 10:50 PM PDT

......about the thousand years of darkness he said would happen if Obama got reelected.

I also have to confess, when I read your subject line my first thought was "I didn't know he was gay." ("Beard" is a term for a woman pretending to be your girlfriend or wife.)

Collapse -
(NT) you must think about gay stuff too much
by James Denison / March 21, 2013 12:41 AM PDT
Collapse -
Yeah, I should follow your lead instead
by Josh K / March 21, 2013 12:55 AM PDT

You don't obsess over sexual orientation, skin color or religion at all.

Collapse -
Chuck Norris didn't shave........
by Tony Holmes / March 21, 2013 5:27 AM PDT

He stared at his reflection in the mirror until his beard fell off . Of course he wasn't worried Happy

I'm showing my age but my friends and I actually met Chuck at MSG during a Karate demonstration.I forget the exact year but it was late 60's when he was still competing when he was World Karate Champion,before the movies.

He's a genuine nice guy and I got to shake his hand.Bruce Lee was also there but I couldn't get near him...damn.

Chuck was 5'8" and his fighting weight was 165 and he was an awesome a$$ kicker.Bruce lee on the other hand was 5'6" and weighed 145.I would have given the edge to Chuck in a real world fight,he was ripped when I saw him.

Chuck had to gain 25lbs of flab for their fight scene in "Way of the Dragon" just to make Bruce look that much better,otherwise Chuck was just as ripped as Bruce.(not fair).

FWIW,I thought that a "beard" was something that Pelosi shaved each morning as a result of having so many face lifts?? LMAO!!!!!! Grin

Collapse -
I think an older meaning of beard was a third party
by Roger NC / March 21, 2013 7:24 AM PDT

to give a semblence or appearance of propreity when two people that shouldn't were meeting, and to quickly and quietly fad away when they snuck off alone.

Sort of it's all just friends in public, to cover up affairs in secret.

Collapse -
I'm so naive.
by drpruner / March 25, 2013 1:50 PM PDT

I was exactly that in college. A Student Government official I worked with often had me help her at a Gov't information stand on campus one evening. Another woman showed up to help out. After we took down the stand the two of them went off together, discreetly. Some months later my friend left her husband for the other woman. Interesting.
BTW that was the year I met Susie Bright [look her up] and worked with her on the student paper. Pretty girl; nice person. A little flaky, but a good writer then and now. I could "brag" about doing the nasty with her, but (1) it wouldn't be true and (2) with bi-Susie it was never a challenge for those who did.
Serious side: My behavior is much safer now.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.