Web Hosting, Design, & Coding

Question

Meta title

by lailagwb / April 2, 2012 7:16 PM PDT

What is meta title in on-page seo?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Meta title
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Meta title
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Meta titl
by Apnic-Solutions / April 7, 2012 1:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Meta title

Meta title is one of the most important factor of SEO and Google rankings. It can't be missed!

Collapse -
Answer
Meta Title is important for web page
by goospoos / April 24, 2012 3:05 PM PDT

This is a title you give your page within the meta tags so that when a person sees a link to your page from the search engine it has a title to go with it. Keywords should be used in this title because the search engine will use the words in the title to help it index your page.

Collapse -
Answer
meta tags for onpage in SEO
by OSDIcompany / April 25, 2012 11:33 PM PDT

meta tags cover title, description and keywods. this part is one of the most important part for SEO.

Collapse -
Answer
meta tag
by tinytomhanks / April 27, 2012 3:08 AM PDT

The <meta> tag provides metadata about the HTML document. Metadata will not be displayed on the page, but will be machine parsable.

Meta elements are typically used to specify page description, keywords, author of the document, last modified, and other metadata.

The <meta> tag always goes inside the <head> element.

Collapse -
Answer
Par of on page seo
by Angelca24 / April 27, 2012 7:02 PM PDT

meta tags cover title, description and keywords

Collapse -
Answer
Meta Title
by webmatrix / April 30, 2012 2:31 PM PDT

The meta title is one of the first and most important things that search engines look for when determining the focus, content and relevance of your site, and this in turn has a big effect on your ranking in search results.

Collapse -
Answer
Meta tag
by johnripper1987 / May 5, 2012 3:20 AM PDT

You must have three types of meta tag. <meta title/> <meta description /> and <meta keywords/>

Collapse -
Answer
Meta title
by AutoInsuranceExpert / May 7, 2012 1:31 PM PDT

The definition of a meta title has been adequately addressed. However, there is one very important thing to note for folks that are new to meta data and it's application: be absolutely sure that every page of your site has a unique title tag and description tag. This fundamental SEO tactic can't be overstated in terms of its SEO importance.

Collapse -
Answer
Meta-Title
by Jason_Martin / May 25, 2012 11:01 AM PDT

Meta Title is a term to provide a unique and meaningful Title to every web-page, so that it can be easily found in the search engine.

Collapse -
Answer
Meta Title
by Jason_Martin / May 30, 2012 8:47 AM PDT

In Onpage SEO Meta Title is a method of providing a unique and relevant title to a webpage. A meta title should be SEO Friendly so that search engine can crawl it easily.

Collapse -
Answer
Critical SEO
by AutoInsuranceExpert / June 12, 2012 3:12 PM PDT

I have recently enlisted the services of an SEO expert to help us optimize our site and rank for some specific keywords and I am glad I did. I thought my site was optimized: I read a ton of SEO info, stay up to date and track, track, track. But what I have found is that to build a site with true value you need organic traffic, period. And SEO is ever-changing. For me, running a business, I just don't have the time to do what it takes to be truly successful with SEO using white hat tactics.

If you don't have the resources to pay for a firm, be sure to at least do the basics...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.