Samsung

General discussion

Menu keeps popping up on left side of tv...can't turn it off

by alisheraz19 / October 27, 2009 10:54 AM PDT

I just bought a LED Samsung un55b6000vf and there is a something that keeps popping up on the left side of the screen .. it takes up about 40% of the screen. Actually, I can't say that its a menu beacuse it doesnt give me the option of selecting anything it just displaying information:

at the top it says
LEDTV
Series 6000 [6

under that it says
LED Picture Quality - Breakthrough Picture Quality

under that it says:
ULTRAsLIM

under that is says:
ECO Friendly

under that it says
InfoLink

It then sequentially goes through all of the above and provides further information on the right side even further blocking the view.

here is a link of what im talking about... i took a picture:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?592516fc5a.jpg

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Menu keeps popping up on left side of tv...can't turn it off
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Menu keeps popping up on left side of tv...can't turn it off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
how do i fix
by alisheraz19 / October 27, 2009 10:55 AM PDT

I forgot to ask my question:

How do i get rid of it!

Collapse -
Menu
by jw650 / October 27, 2009 6:27 PM PDT
In reply to: how do i fix

I don't have this TV, but it sounds like it might be a "Store Demo mode", used for retail display. If so, there should be an option to select the normal mode during the initial set-up.

Check your manual. For my set (B650), the manual says to turn off Store Demo this way: "Press the volume button on the TV. When the volume OSD is displayed, press and hold the MENU button on the TV for 5 seconds."
Otherwise, you may need to go through the "Plug and Play" setup.

Collapse -
Configure from Store Demo to Home mode.
by Sneaker_Net / December 28, 2010 10:54 AM PST

It seems that the TV is in store demo mode and you need to disable the store demo mode and need to
enable home mode.

To change from store Demo mode to Home use mode in the Plug & Play procedure. Press the SOURCE
button to select TV mode, then go to MENU and choose setup and go to Plug & Play and press ENTER.

There, you can change modes.

Good Luck!

Collapse -
Configure from Store Demo to Home mode.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 28, 2010 2:19 PM PST

Sneaker_Net is absolutely correct. That would be the Demo mode.

If you're not able to fix it that way, post back and we'll try something else. Though Plug and Play will work, and you'll want to choose HOME mode rather than STORE mode when going through the initial setup again.

--HDTech

Collapse -
help please!!
by jamiebtn99 / February 20, 2012 6:51 AM PST

hi there! this is also happening to me now!

Collapse -
help please!!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 21, 2012 1:40 AM PST
In reply to: help please!!

jamiebtn99 -

Collapse -
Pop up menu
by Mike310864 / March 9, 2012 2:55 AM PST

You can get rid of these icons by pressing 'tools' on the remote and then scrolling down to 'e-pop' and turning it off. Should do the trick.

Collapse -
"BEST ANSWER."
by Straight-talk / May 1, 2012 12:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Pop up menu

"THIS IS THE BEST ANSWER." IT WORKS!
Thanks Mike310864

Collapse -
Right-on
by zedyovany / December 22, 2013 1:11 AM PST
In reply to: "BEST ANSWER."

Followed above instructions but instead of e-pop, scroll down to Demo and set to Off. Thanks a bunch Mike!!!

Collapse -
Can someone post a screen shot of the "e-pop" option?
by LaFleurette / January 13, 2013 1:56 AM PST

My 15 month old managed to turn on the info link Demo mode on our series six Samsung TV (LED).

On the remote we try the "info" button, and sometimes it connects. Sometimes it doesn't. If it does connect to the service we see four small squares with little images. However, when you press the arrow keys it doesn't allow you to select anything. It doesn't even allow you to highlight settings to try to fix it.
It keeps popping up. How do I get the e-pop that seems to be deemed the "best answer"?

Collapse -
pop up menu
by crisbae / January 4, 2015 1:48 AM PST

I don't have an option to take e pop off? I tried everything and it cant remove it? help!

Collapse -
You saved me from goiing mad!! Thank you!!!!
by Heucles / May 9, 2015 8:12 PM PDT

You saved me from goiing mad!! Thank you!!!!

Collapse -
stuck on demo mode with no remote
by shlemon16 / March 14, 2013 6:12 AM PDT

I just purchased a samsung smart tv but have no remote its stuck on demo mode and wont let us in to plug and play or any of the guides ??

Collapse -
I'd return it or if used, cheap time to get a remote.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 14, 2013 6:18 AM PDT
Collapse -
this worked for me and very easy
by chelseaboo89 / March 22, 2013 4:08 AM PDT

This worked for me it was very easy and if you don't have a remote you can still do it

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.