The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator

by xs2farhan / May 16, 2005 6:34 PM PDT

hi all!
i am installing Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator which is centralized anti virus system. when i am installing it to my Domain Controller it returns a message in the end "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\3.0.1\DB\Software\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409\framepkg.exe" /Install=Agent /InstDir="C:\Program Files\Network Associates\ePO\Common Framework" /Silent
20050517122801 exit code 1603
20050517122801 ----- Fail -----
20050517122801 There was an unexpected error during the McAfee Common Framework install. Error Code: 1603

Windows error code 1603: Fatal error during installation.
Error API: CMAAgentInstall
Troubleshooting code: 285

Resolve any errors, then run Setup again to continue from this point.""

pls help me in this regard, i dont know how to solve this.

thanks in advance

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mcafee Epolicy Orchestrator
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
epo error
by julianohf / July 8, 2005 6:54 AM PDT

I am having the same problem. Did you solve it? If so , please, tell me how.

Collapse -
epo installation error
by kwayu / December 14, 2005 10:51 PM PST
In reply to: epo error

Found this in McAffee!...

The above errors are reported in a popup error during the installation of the ePO3.5 Server product

This issue will only be seen when:

* Uninstalling/reinstalling the ePO 3.x server
* Upgrading from an older version

The options available are:

* Replace the FrameworkManifest.xml from another machine
* Uninstall the CMA component

Replace the FrameworkManifest.xml from another machine:

1. From another working machine locate the file:
Default path for this file is:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\
2. Copy across the file to the problematic machine and replace the corrupted file.

Restart the McAfee Common Framework Service

1. Click Start, Run and in the Open filed type:
2. Right click in the McAfee Framework Service and select restart.
3. Continue the ePO3.x server install.
NOTE: It will continue from the point of failure

Uninstall the CMA component:

1. Click Start, Run and in the Open filed type:
c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe /Forceuninstall
2. Check if the FrameworkManifest.xml is deleted in the folder:
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework\
3. If it remains then reboot the server as it will be marked to be deleted on the next reboot.
4. Continue the ePO3.x server install.
NOTE: It will continue from the point of failure

McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.x
Microsoft Windows

Cause of Problem:

The re-install or upgrade has to also upgrade the existing Common Management Agent (CMA). The existing CMA component is causing the install to fail because the FrameworkManifest.xml is corrupt.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.