Mac OS

Question

MBP doesn't want to boot up

by edgarcantuba / April 20, 2013 4:18 AM PDT

something fell on my MBP and it shook the laptop kind of hard. it was still working after that incedent. then i decided to restart it just to make sure that everything works properly. i did the command/option P and R rebooting to make sure that it would run just fine. yes it did boot up with the chime and all. but what is happening is that as soon as the apple logo pops up, the rotating icon never stops and the my MBP doen't proceed to opening up the system. is there something like a 'safe mode' boot up that i could do? i really need to have my MBP running because i am in the middle of a huge project. i really do need help.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MBP doesn't want to boot up
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MBP doesn't want to boot up
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Try booting while holding down the
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / April 20, 2013 4:23 AM PDT
Collapse -
problem continues
by edgarcantuba / April 20, 2013 4:33 AM PDT

@mrmacfixit - thanks for the tip. but how long should i hold down the shift key? i tried it just now. i didn't let go of the shift key waiting and hoping my MBP would start normally. what happened was a pop up window appeared stating i should restart my laptop by holding down the power key until the computer shuts down then turn it on again. so i did. same problem appears. My MBP boots up, it chimed, the apple logo appears and that rotating icon is still rotating and it doesn't want to fire up the system. i still need help.

Collapse -
this is what the MBP says
by edgarcantuba / April 20, 2013 5:18 AM PDT

i tried booting my MBP while holding the shift key. and it gives me this window info

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000648e1b): "unable to find driver for this platform: \ACPI\".n"@SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1699.24.8/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1504
Debugger called: <panic>
Backtrace (CPU 0), Frame ; Return Address
0xffffff8075923dd0 : 0xffffff8000220702
0xffffff8075923e50 : 0xffffff8000648e1b
0xffffff8075923e60 : 0xffffff80006267dd
0xffffff8075923eb0 : 0xffffff800062700e
0xffffff8075923f30 : 0xffffff8000627389
0xffffff8075923f70 : 0xffffff8000625f6f
0xffffff8075923fb0 : 0xffffff8000820057
can't perform kext scan: no kext summary
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: unknown
Boot args: -x

Mac OS Version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 11.2.0: Tue Aug 9 20:54:00 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1699.24.8~1/RELEASE_X86_64
Kernel UUID: (XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

System uptime in nanoseconds: 431743898

I don't understand any of these. What do these info mean? Anyone?

Collapse -
First, let's try and keep this discussion
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / April 20, 2013 11:21 PM PDT

within the same thread.
There is no point in posting the same question in two threads within the same forum.

Obviously something is not well with this machine, as seen by the kernel panic, but maybe all is not lost.

If you have a Mac OS X installation disc or the discs that came with the machine, try booting from them.
Insert the DVD and hold down the Option key.
Keep it down until you see your choices on the screen. The DVD should be one of the choices. Choose it.
Did it boot correctly?
If it did, you should go through the installation process and choose the option that preserves your Data and Settings.
DO NOT choose the option that Formats the drive.

If you do not have any discs and are using a late model Macbook, boot the machine while holding down the "R" key
This takes you to Recovery Mode. Follow the instructions but do NOT choose the Format option

What version of OS X were you running on that machine?

I mentioned a Backup in my earlier post, you do have one, right?

P

Collapse -
Backup Mac
by techgeeks2009 / April 22, 2013 4:08 PM PDT

Really, the situation is very pathetic. What you said is absolutely correct. On should always keep an updated backup of his drive to stay insulated in such data loss situation. I support cloning as the best way to secure data.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.