Samsung forum

General discussion

Many LCD TV Complaints

by bnjatl / October 23, 2009 12:39 AM PDT

I really wish I would have seen all of these complaints before I purchased my Samsung LCD TV. I have not even had this TV two years and it is not working anymore. It is experiencing the same problem that most of these consumers are reporting. It started taking almost 10 minutes for the picture to come on. It then started taking 15, 20 and even an hour. Now, it will not even come on. The power is on, but no audio or video. We paid for name branding and we will no longer make that mistake. I have two very old TVs (none are Samsung) in my home and they are still working perfectly. Our goal was to replace each TV with a LCD or plasma. We won't be replacing any of them with Samsung again! That Samsung refrigerator I had my eye on at Lowes, well, I don't have to worry about rather I should make the purchase or not anymore.

Maybe I should have purchased the extended warranty, but my goodness, when did consumers start needing to pay extra money for something that should be made properly to begin with. If you can't make a product to last at least three years or more, you shouldn't me making the product at all!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Many LCD TV Complaints
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Many LCD TV Complaints
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Non Starter
by Rob-Lynch / July 9, 2011 6:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Many LCD TV Complaints

I have 4 40-42 inch lcd tvs and there is a manufacturing defect which prevents tv from turning on just as the thousands of other customers now know. Samsung will do nothing. I am an attorney and everyone should contact their State Attorney General and file a fraud complaint through your state office. I have spoken to mine and the ball is rolling toward Class Action litigation that will most likely be rolled into one suit at Federal level. Contact your State AG and file complaint. It is fast, easy and it, unlike Samsung, works! Hit them the only place they understand.

They are responsive while Samsung on the other hand is shockingly incompetent from design to customer service and will answer for it. Shameful business practice but an even worse product. Out of my MANY Samsung purchases will soon come zero.

Collapse -
Hi Rob.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 9, 2011 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Non Starter

Are you talking about the BAD CAPS fiasco that wiped out a few million Dell computers?

If so, can we catch up on what happened? It's not a Samsung exclusive issue and it would be a shame for anyone to go legal and forgot the party that caused it all.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.