Desktops

General discussion

Magic Micro Computers

by ltweb / July 27, 2006 5:39 PM PDT

Has anyone ever dealt with Magic Micro? If so, how was service and quality?

I am thinking of building or having a computer built and still trying to research all the vendors, as well as what to buy.

My applications are engineering programs, like Autocad, Mathcad, and Orcad(electronic circuit simulations). So, I want something fast and powerful for the calculations, don't think I'll need full blown graphics as I never play games. This is for a personal computer. I was thinking of using an AMD 64.

Any help on best vendor as well as which parts to buy is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jake

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Magic Micro Computers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Magic Micro Computers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Do not go to Magic Computer
by sehgalm / January 14, 2009 5:49 AM PST
In reply to: Magic Micro Computers

I purchased this headset from magic computers last year. It was a bad piece and did not worked. I spoke to their representative and he told me to send it back to manufacturer (Logitech) or to them. I paid extra shipping and sent to them Magic computers. Months passed by and never heard back from them. I called them and they told me that they have not received it. Finally in Jan I got the product back with refused on the top. I called them up and they told me to send it to Logitech and not to them as they do not handle these sort of cases. Their representatives do not know what to say and what to do. I will not do business with these guys in future and will not suggest it to anyone either.

Collapse -
FUN!!!
by geekchef / January 17, 2009 5:38 AM PST

I would use this time to do some research, find all the parts I want, and put it all together. Computers are not as hard as they used to be, if you can plug in a home theatre system, then you can build a computer. Just wanna make sure you get the right tools(anti-static pad, grounding strap, thermal paste, canned air, phillips head, think that's it), and then all the right software and drivers (hardest part). It can be really fun if you've done a little home work and don't just buy parts and start slappin them together. You can also find all the parts, buy them, and local computer repair shops would usually put them all together for aroun a 100 bucks, maybe 150.

Collapse -
Stay Far Away
by strwy2hevn / April 27, 2009 8:37 AM PDT
In reply to: FUN!!!

This was the worst company I have ever dealt with. I ordered A high end gaming PC on 1/31/09 that cost $1831 and there management acts like you owe them something when there is a problem.

I received my pc on 2/7/09 and it was dead out of the box. Magic Micro claimed it was damaged in shipping but the packaging it came in was in perfect shape. So I sent my PC back on a Tuesday and received a new pc on Thursday. It booted up just fine but when attempting to do anything even just the basic rating of the computer threw vista it would lock up or reboot randomly. So after another 2 weeks of contacting there support and trying to figure out the problem I got fed up and sent the pc back for a refund. I think after 3 weeks I should have had a working computer.

If you already made this mistake don't deal with Max. His broken English and bad attitude will just make the pain of this company that much worse.

Collapse -
Good deal, thanks
by Jake92839 / October 1, 2009 4:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Stay Far Away

Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the long response. But I took everyones advice.

I bought all my parts through newegg.com and built my computer.

Not one bad part and works great!

Go open source!!

Thanks again for everyones advice.

Collapse -
Magic Micro - a complete disaster!
by Rand_1966 / August 24, 2012 7:15 AM PDT

I bought a desktop from them in January 2009, very soon it started freezing and the only way to reboot it was to unplug it completely and even then it wouldn't restart sometimes. The problem was intermittent but persistent, I called the customer service after a few months and they told me to re-install Windows, that we did. The problem seemed to go away for a short while, but came back soon. Repeat calls to Magic Micro didn't help, as they suggested to re-install Windows again, to change the power unit, some other tweaks, but none of them worked.
Later, after one year they started telling me that the computer is out of warranty and they can only give suggestions.
3 years later I went to Best Buy Geek Squad, they said the hard drive went bad, so I replaced it, re-installed Windows one more time, and the computer went on freezing again and again. Geek Squad said, may be the motherboard is bad, although their diagnostics didn't show that. But something is apparently wrong with the PC, as it's still freezing all the time.

Magic Micro refused to take responsibility for the "lemon" desktop they sold me for $1,432, even thought the problem started right after the purchase when the PC was still under warranty.

I would not recommend Magic Micro, the computer has never worked properly and obviously they hire idiots to provide technical support.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.