Laptops forum

General discussion

Macbbok with core 2 duo?

by craig1461 / September 8, 2006 10:31 AM PDT

Does anybody know if Apple will be releasing the macbook with core 2 duo?...i have read numerous reports syaing that they will most probably on sept. 16th at the paris expo...they also indicate that the will be putting the core 2 duo in the macbook and the macbook pro? can anyone confirm this or have other relevent information.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Macbbok with core 2 duo?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Macbbok with core 2 duo?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Wait and see.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 9, 2006 12:39 AM PDT

Apple has been famously secretive about future products. To the point that if you ask then you need to know about this.

We saw what happened with Pentium 4 based laptops. No battery time, hot spots on the laptop and more. Let's hopw they get it right and keep the heat and power under control.

-> Will you be upset if the Core 2 duo shows up and you learn the Core 2 quad will be next? Will you ask for that?

Collapse -
macbook with core 2 duo and not to cause conflict
by Qosmio / September 10, 2006 10:30 AM PDT

They need to forget about the core 2 duo till they design a better notebook.Something about having the fan output vent screaming major heat up your lcd screen drying your eyes out with 3rd degree burns on your left hand and lap need to be addressed first.

Collapse -
mac attack
by moooingcow / September 13, 2006 12:18 AM PDT

very funny! Thanks!

Collapse -
Not Necessarily
by RodsterinFL / September 17, 2006 7:31 AM PDT

I disagree. First of all the Core 2 Duo is supposed to run about the same and in some cases cooler than the Core Duo. Also, it has a better thermal regulator - digital thermal sensor.
Operating temperature specs are as follows according to test.
Ambient Temperature During test
Core Duo 70F and Core 2 Duo 72F
CPU idle -- Core Duo 126F/Core 2 Duo 124F
CPU Load -- Core Duo 153F/Core 2 Duo 147F
Thermal Probe Test Idle Core Duo 113F/Core 2 Duo 118F
Thermal Prob Load Core Duo 133F/Core 2 Duo 126F
Taken from PC Perspective.

Also, there is information that several MacBooks had a piece of clear plastic over the vent that apparently was not removed in some cases. There is no mention of such when unpacking.

Collapse -
intresting points and I hope I can get a laugh about truth
by Qosmio / September 17, 2006 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Not Necessarily

I agree with your specs as well as the clear plastic preventing proper venting.
The Proublem::::
After the plastic is removed in vent area it,s still a microwave mac.This notebook is glued in so many spots that glue melts inturn casing failure becomes present. ontop of the burning sensation on lap and left hand from what We in the pc world call the mac fireplace It,s a bad design,wast of money and a health hazard.
Apple/mac needs to put a (R) rating on it not to be used by anyone under 18 years old.
laugh with me windows users for its only the truth

Collapse -
message received
by RodsterinFL / May 13, 2007 12:50 PM PDT

it is laughable for sure. I just mentioned it for a repeat. My macbook that I now own is ok. It gets warm on the bottom but there is a fan program that I downloaded that helps tremendously. A friend of mine has a g4 pro laptop and the metal case really gets hot!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.