Mac OS forum

General discussion

Mac OS 10.4.11 with Win Live hotmail ?

by shafiqkhan31 / March 25, 2008 9:25 PM PDT

Hi ,
I have been using Hotmail for a number of years with both PCs and Macs and never encountered any problem .
Recently I have had some considerable difficulties in opening up my hotmail page.

My Apple laptop is Macbook2,1 Mac OS X version 10.4.11 Processor 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo:

I have not changed any settings . The hardware is the same as it was when working normally.

When I click on the Win Live hotmail bookmark, it takes me nowhere. The address line keeps changing from http:// ... to to by110W something something..., but it does not open my post.

If I leave it on, going for a while, it opens a page to tell me that Safari is not able to open the account. I end up with and then after, by chance rather than design, pressing different options I end up at the email page which I should have got to in the first place.

This is quite a recent phenomenon , it used to get to the page rather quickly.

Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated.

Shafiq Khan

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mac OS 10.4.11 with Win Live hotmail ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mac OS 10.4.11 with Win Live hotmail ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Call the Help Desk for Hotmail
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / March 25, 2008 9:59 PM PDT

especially if you can connect to other places on the Internet.

Be warned, the will blame your computer

Good Luck

Collapse -
Hotmail on Mac issue.
by shafiqkhan31 / March 31, 2008 8:45 PM PDT

Thank you for your advice. I followed it and they were very prompt and good.
I am a bit surprised.
But credit where credit is due.

Collapse -
Workaround for Hotmail Mac loop.
by ScottinMD / May 5, 2008 1:37 AM PDT

This is a common problem that has been on-going for a few months.
They say it is caused by not signing out when you finish your Hotmail session. Here is the cure:

Go to your Safari preferences. Click on show cookies. Click delete all cookies.

You will have to type your email address logging into Hotmail. The first time you enter your password it will reject. Just type it again and it will work.

You will have to do this every time!

Collapse -
Thank you
by shafiqkhan31 / May 5, 2008 6:22 PM PDT

The issue has been resolved.

Collapse -
by ScottinMD / May 5, 2008 9:38 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you

Did Microsoft have a better solution?
Washington DC

Collapse -
(NT) I was wondering that too!
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / May 6, 2008 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Resolution?
Collapse -
Problems loading Hotmail on Mac OS 10.4.11
by geofracadi / November 19, 2012 1:52 PM PST
In reply to: Thank you

Hi Shafiq, we would like to know what the solution was for your problem. We areally aprreciate your help. I have a friend having the same problem.

Collapse -
(NT) the fix was to call the Hotmail support line
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / November 19, 2012 8:50 PM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.