Mac Applications forum

Question

MAC MS Outlook lost emails with when sending via gmail!

by Kazmic1 / July 16, 2013 8:40 PM PDT

I use MS Outlook for MAC to manage my emails. I use smtp.gmail.com as my out going server.

I have sent an email with attachments (pictures), which Outlook is sending, but half way through the process it fails, reporting the following error: 5.2.3 our size guidelines. s19sm33812341wik.11 - gsmtp.

I cannot delete or amend the original email and its attachments, as it is not visible in any of the gmail folders!!!

can anyone advise me what and how to remove this error, as Outlook is constantly trying to send the email, which keeps failing!!!!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: MAC MS Outlook lost emails with when sending via gmail!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: MAC MS Outlook lost emails with when sending via gmail!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Any email that did not get sent should be in the OUT box.
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / July 16, 2013 9:58 PM PDT

It is obviously in Outlook for Mac (not MAC) somewhere, otherwise Outlook would not be able to attempt to send it.

P

Collapse -
Mac Outlook problem
by Kazmic1 / July 16, 2013 11:01 PM PDT

Hi, thanks for responding.

I agree, but the original email is not visible in any of the gmail files listed in Outlook. It appears to be hidden, the question is where???

I have two gmail accounts active, both operational in Outlook. I was sending the original email and attachments from another email address through gmail. I have been using this method for serval months, this is the only time that a problem of this nature has arisen, because the email and its attachment where too large in size?

I cant be the only person to have experienced problems of this kind!!

Any ideas??

Thanks

Collapse -
I don't expect it to be in any gmail files.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 18, 2013 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Mac Outlook problem

" not visible in any of the gmail files listed in Outlook. "

Now you get to find the outbox.
Bob

Collapse -
The OUTBOX!
by Kazmic1 / July 18, 2013 3:15 PM PDT

The outbox appears when it was trying to send the email, open it and there is the email sitting there!

The box/tab was situated in the lower left hand bottom section of the Outlook menu tabs.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to review this question and special thanks to the two readers who responded.

Thanks

Collapse -
The Outbox
by Kazmic1 / July 18, 2013 3:21 PM PDT

The outbox was the problem, I could only see it in the Outlook main window, situated in the tabs at the bottom left hand side of the main screen. Whilst Outlook was try for the millionth time to send this email, there appeared the OUTBOX.

Open it and there was the file and it's oversized attachments.

Deleted, problem sorted.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and think about my question, and very special thanks to the two readers who responded.

Thank you

Collapse -
(NT) Good to read you were not put out by this!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 19, 2013 3:03 AM PDT
In reply to: The Outbox
Collapse -
Answer
Solution to the missing Outbox
by timoneer / February 5, 2015 2:14 AM PST

Solution for the missing Outbox that I have found:
1. Select "Work Offline" in the Outlook menu
2. Force close Outlook
3. Re-open Outlook.
4. You will still be offline and able to see the Outbox with the message that you want to delete.
5. Go back to the Outlook menu and again select "Work Offline", which will un-check that option and allow you to do a S/R.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.