Mac OS forum

General discussion

Mac Fans Post Here!

by wildflower52 / January 29, 2005 5:41 AM PST

I am doing a persuassive essay on the long fought battle of the Windows VS the Macintosh computers, and I am looking to improve my arguments. If you could, please tell me why you prefer Mac (if you are a Windows fan I am also posting this on the Windows XP board so PLEASE dont post here.) Please tell me your experiences with Macintosh:
1.) hardware, software and accessory availablity
2.) cost
3.) Service (parts/repair)
4.) Reliablity/Stability

Thanks a million! Happy

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Mac Fans Post Here!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Mac Fans Post Here!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Definitely a mac fan
by Piotr Roshkov / January 30, 2005 4:26 AM PST
In reply to: Mac Fans Post Here!

Always have been, always will be. It's so nice not to have to think about spyware, hackers, viruses etc etc etc. Especially if you think about it from a hackers point of view: why hack what very few people use when you can hit millions more birds with one stone? On a windows, IE is a part of the operating system, exploit IE (which I'm told is easy), exploit windows. Of course, there is firefox, but the majority of people still use IE. Speed, reliability, security, it's all there on a mac.Anyway, I'll cut to the chase.

1.Hardware, software and accessory availablity:

The only things that is incompatible are games, really. Microsoft office performs better on a mac, and with virtual PC you can convert just about any windows file without a problem. I don't use it personally because I have never owned a windows for longer than two weeks, but I'm sure it works.

2.I bought a mac mini for a grand (splurged and got 512 ram) and it has everything I need.

Service (parts/repair):

3.Well, I haven't had too many repair shop trips, but the ones I had were not terribly expensive,and I've had no real trouble with upgrades.

4. My upgraded powermac 9200 has lasted me for ten years with hardly any downtime at all and has been very stable.

All in all, Bill Gates can eat a G5 processor (or pay someone to do it for him). LOL just kidding. And
of course I'm not insulting windows users, whatever floats their boat, but my windows ship sank a long time ago in the grand Apple sea. Cheers!

Collapse -
Mac Fans Post Here!
by jcrobso / January 31, 2005 4:34 AM PST
In reply to: Mac Fans Post Here!
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.