Phones

Question

Lumia 920, Galaxy S3, BlackBerry?

by sebaslight / January 6, 2013 2:20 AM PST

hi! i cant make my mind between those three phones.... i know the pros and cons of all of them... but i dont know!!.. please help me!

wit blackberry i mean the up comming devices with BB10

my needs?.. well.... as for apps, i only use facebook, whatsapp and some games.... MUSIC ABOVE ALL!.... a nice screen but not a giant one (not a phablet fan)... a cool camera and a nice browser, i dont ask for too much... i dont care about weight and thickness.... i dont have the strenght of a 2 year old kid.. jesus!

well.. if you can help me i would apreciate that a LOT!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lumia 920, Galaxy S3, BlackBerry?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lumia 920, Galaxy S3, BlackBerry?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Do you have any aversion to being run over by a bus?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2013 3:52 AM PST

MSFT seems OK with tossing users under the bus. I've been to the trade shows and sadly I see BB as the dead man walking. The likelihood of current units getting BB10 is slim. The company is a shadow of its former size and if I were to place a bet, only new devices will get BB10. (Bus rounds the corner to take out BB users.)

The Galaxy S3 players are nice. But some want Jelly Bean.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Bob is right
by Pepe7 / January 6, 2013 4:31 AM PST

I would avoid the Microsoft phone products & BB for now. Pick and Android powered handset such as the S3 and the world is your oyster....

Collapse -
Why?
by Luke_B / January 29, 2013 4:16 AM PST
In reply to: Bob is right

Can I ask why?

There are reasons to dump BB not not WP8.

Lumia 920 would the best choice.

Collapse -
So you like the view under the bus?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 29, 2013 5:42 AM PST
In reply to: Why?
Collapse -
by Luke_B / January 30, 2013 5:21 AM PST

I have used Android and now I use Lumia 820. I have no reasons to miss the bot.

Collapse -
(NT) Nice bot.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2013 6:10 AM PST
In reply to: 820
Collapse -
Answer
thanks
by sebaslight / January 6, 2013 9:01 AM PST

my only problem with the S3 is the price... i can save a few more pennys though =P

Collapse -
Then why worry about the bus?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 6, 2013 12:25 PM PST
In reply to: thanks

Some folk want apps and support. Is there any reason to get the s3 over anything else?
Bob

Collapse -
by sebaslight / January 6, 2013 11:56 PM PST

i don't know... that's why i'm asking.. if there's any reason please let me know, it would be incredibly helpfull

Collapse -
It's where YOU matter.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 7, 2013 5:34 AM PST
In reply to: reply

You should never care about what other folk want. What do you want?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Toss up between S3 and Lumia 920
by Nasim_Khansari / January 7, 2013 12:31 PM PST

I would not even put BB into consideration right now. At present, S3 represents complete VFM be it specs, usage or apps. But I have a gut feeling that Lumia 920 might just present an equally worthy option if the OS glitches aren't an issue with it..

Collapse -
Answer
s3
by nelnel96 / January 28, 2013 9:35 PM PST

hi. i own an s3. overall, im satisfied with its features. the bigger screen makes it more appealing, i think.

Collapse -
Really?
by Luke_B / January 30, 2013 9:24 PM PST
In reply to: s3

So by that logic Note 2 would be most appealing of the lot? I dont understand how screen size can be the benchmark while choosing a phone. Had that been the logic Apple wouldn't have sold millions of iPhones.

Collapse -
Answer
Lumia 920
by Ethan1985 / January 30, 2013 8:25 PM PST

My choose Lumia 920

Collapse -
Answer
Lumia 920
by Carmen1024 / February 3, 2013 4:10 PM PST

For me, definitely Lumia 920

Collapse -
Answer
lumia 920
by isabella4cyrus / February 4, 2013 5:45 PM PST

among the three i personally feel lumia 920 is the best. it has got city lens , nokia map and other advanced features

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.