LG forum

Question

LS3500 Irritating behavior

by EdPell873 / June 17, 2012 7:10 AM PDT

I'm using an LG 26LS3500 TV which is not connected to a cable box, but does have basic cable input, ie, about 70-something channels.

When the first number of a two-digit channel number is entered, a drop-down box appears listing all the channel numbers that begin with that number (Similar Channel List). After the second number is entered, there's a five-second delay before the channel appears.

Moving channel to channel using the up/down buttons works normally.

Is this a customary "feature"?
Does anyone know how to disable it?

Thanks,
EdP

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LS3500 Irritating behavior
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LS3500 Irritating behavior
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Guessing here.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 17, 2012 7:15 AM PDT

I have a Samsung TV with Freeview, a few more channels than you.

Most TVs today are able to store 999 channels, ie 3 digits, so if you press just two digits it waits to see if there is a 3rd, even if you only have channels from 1 to 99

Try this, for any of the channels from 1 to 70, (or whatever the last one is before 100), press 0 first, then the number

eg for channel 51, press 051

See if that works.

Mark

Collapse -
Good idea, but didn't work
by EdPell873 / June 18, 2012 12:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Guessing here.

Mark ...

Thanks for the suggestion. It was sound and logical, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I still get the drop-down list and the five second delay.

I guess I'll have to live with it.

In case anyone else comes across this thread looking for LG LS3500 comments, I have to mention the remote. Plan to replace it if you often press buttons while your remote is on a table or other flat surface. The bottom is round and is as stable as a canoe.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.