Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Lost all right click functions

by Rod2 / November 30, 2010 1:39 AM PST

Win 7 O/S. I lost all right click mouse functions, no drop down menu appears. Can not copy or paste or right click on desktop. I can use ctrl c or v. The same applies to Open Office or use on Fire Fox. It worked fine a day or two ago but the last Sys Restore point was Dec 11 and has worked fine until now. I restarted the computer, no help there.

I checked mouse properties in control panel. It was unusual, it said device is working properly but the window was not stable. I can not describe it exactly but it was not normal.

I Googled but did not find the same problem. I run the full version of Norton, so far no virus is found. I may try the restore point but decided to check here first. Any thoughts?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lost all right click functions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lost all right click functions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
wrong date in message
by Rod2 / November 30, 2010 1:58 AM PST

Sorry I meant Nov 11 as the last restore point.

Collapse -
A friend called me last week
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 30, 2010 2:46 AM PST

He couldn't click on anything. We has other discussions and in the end it was a bum mouse. The switch had failed in the mouse.

Be sure it's not that by using the laptop's mouse pad and buttons. If this is not a laptop I'm left to guess (hint hint please post details in your posts.)
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by Rod2 / November 30, 2010 1:55 PM PST

As of my last adventure I could not find my old mouse. I suspect the current one may have caused issues waking up from sleep mode; a prior problem. I finally found the old mouse -- case closed.

Rod

Collapse -
If it helped, good to read.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 30, 2010 3:37 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks

Thanks for case closure.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.