Office & Productivity Software

General discussion

Looking for Interest Vision Software

by dokhogg / April 18, 2008 2:59 AM PDT

I have been looking for Interest Vision by Parson's Technology. Googled everything I could think of, but all I can find is support forums for version 2.0 and 3.0. A friend has it and I want to download or purchase it as well. Any ideas on where I can find it??? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks,

dok

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Looking for Interest Vision Software
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Looking for Interest Vision Software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
1 dollar plus shipping.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 18, 2008 3:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thanks
by dokhogg / April 18, 2008 4:14 AM PDT

Thanks, I'm going to buy it, it is simple and has what I need and no more.

dok

Collapse -
Looking For Interest Vision 3.0
by Joel_88 / February 6, 2009 8:16 AM PST

Can any one help me locate Interest Vision 3.0
By Parson's Technology

Thank you

Message was edited by: admin to remove email address to prevent spam harvesters from picking it up.

Collapse -
Did you try
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / February 6, 2009 8:45 PM PST

the link given in then 2nd post in this discussion?

http://www.freewebs.com/vintage-software/

By the way, posting your email address in these, or any, forums is not advisable. Forum robots trawl forums for email addresses so they can be spammed.

I have asked the Forum Admin to remove your email address.

Mark

Collapse -
Interest Vision Software
by gpsalvo / February 7, 2009 12:10 AM PST

I have an old copy that runs on XP but does not run on my VISTA PC. It says Special Edition copywrite 1992.

gps

Collapse -
Yep, that happens with such old programs.
by Kees Bakker / February 7, 2009 12:26 AM PST
Collapse -
Interest Vision Software
by stevenoreen / May 25, 2009 3:22 AM PDT

My 1993 version works on Vista for me, I had to get out my old XP computer with the 3 1/2 floppy drive and copy it over to a flash drive.

Collapse -
by stevenoreen / May 25, 2009 3:20 AM PDT

If you are looking for Interest vision professional 1993 let me know.

Collapse -
interest vision
by sammyj01 / October 13, 2009 2:25 AM PDT

Hi i am looking for a copy of interest vision. I had one but lost it had it for about 10 years. I rebooted my computer and lost it. I thought I had every thing saved to a disk but was wrong. If you can helb i would be greatfull. my copy was on a flopy disk for windows95.I had it instaled on windows xp when i lost it.

Thanks Sammyj

Collapse -
Interest vision
by Kiannaj / November 30, 2009 9:35 AM PST

My computer crashed and I lost this program, or parts of it. The files I kept track of are still there, but no program. Any idea where I can get a copy? Please...I love this little program.

Collapse -
membership
by edward j. young / December 15, 2009 7:40 AM PST

do you have a cd that allows amortization calculations?

Collapse -
Re: amortization calculations
by Kees Bakker / December 15, 2009 5:23 PM PST
In reply to: membership

1. What membership?
2. Try Excel. It has a lot of financial functions also.

Kees

Collapse -
Interest Vision
by technophobeCPA / January 9, 2010 7:35 AM PST

I have been using Parsons Interest Vision for many many years. I loved this guy's software. I started using his tax prep program in the early '90's and was really mad when Intuit bought it out and killed it. I was then forced to use the Intuit ProSeries line from then on. I don't like it much, but I like the idea of change even less, so I guess I am stuck. Re: Interest Vision, I am using Version 3.0 and still have the CD so I can re-install it on each new computer when I upgrade hardware. It is easy, intuitive, user friendly, does all the calculations I need, can calculate for missing variable, whether it be principal, rate of interest, payment amount, etc. The only thing I don't like is that with my HP P1505n printer, the schedules are not aligned very good. However, this is a small aggravation to put up with for such a great tool, and given the price, it's been a great bargain. Thanks Bob Parsons, wish you were still around! If anyone has ideas on how to make this print better for me I would appreciate it.

Collapse -
Interest Vision - printing
by jmgaddis / April 1, 2011 8:47 PM PDT
In reply to: Interest Vision

What works for me is to click File, Export Schedule, To File, give it a name with .txt at end, then open this file up in Notepad and print it.. cannot print just certain pages, so if you don't want to print all of it, delete some lines before printing.

Works for me, hope this helps.

Collapse -
Interest Vision & Personal Tax Edge (Parson's)
by taf45377 / November 28, 2011 8:57 AM PST
In reply to: Interest Vision

I too used Personal Tax Edge (PTE) and I wasn't very happy when Parson's sold it to Intuit. I loved having Interest Vision (IVSE). I liked using the what if mode, like putting in what I wanted for a monthly payment at a given interest rate to give me how many months or the loan amount. It was great, but like others I have lost my copy of it. I have tried to find a way to replace it to no avail. If someone can tell me how I can get a copy of it I sure would appreciate it. Or if there is a template for Excel that would be great.

Collapse -
Did you try the link above?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 29, 2011 4:23 AM PST

2nd post.

Mark

Collapse -
Parsons Interest Vision
by taf45377 / November 29, 2011 10:31 AM PST
Collapse -
Interest Vision may be in Family Lawyer at link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 29, 2011 10:50 AM PST
Collapse -
Parson Interest Vision
by sj1946 / January 11, 2010 2:02 AM PST

A good morning to you,
Ma name is Sammy Johnson,My computer has lost my copy of Interest Vision and i dont have a backup copy. If you have interest vision i would like to BUY a copy of it from you or any one who has a copy.
Thanks Sammy
sammyj@suddenlink.net

Collapse -
Interest Vision is now a part of Family Lawyer
by nosinski / January 11, 2010 3:33 AM PST
In reply to: Parson Interest Vision
Collapse -
Interest Vision is now a part of Family Lawyer
by jmgaddis / April 1, 2011 8:37 PM PDT

Thank you... When get to the site, have to look for Family Lawyer program (there are others.. like Home and Business Lawyer.. not sure if it is included in those progams.)

As of 4/2/11.. Family Lawyer is on sale for 14.99, it does have Interest Vision included, and can actually be run separate (just set up a shortcut to the file IV3.exe). It appears it is Interest Vision 3 (although it doesn't state any Version number). I have Interest Vision 2. Oddly this Family Lawyer version will not open my existing version files... so will have to do some re-creating.

Best of all, it runs under Windows 7... so therefore I can continue to use this little gem. Have been using it since Win95 (if not before)... but getting more troublesome finding a PC to keep running it on, and could not get it to work under Win 7 at all.

If you want to verify that Interest Vision is included, click on the Product Images (of Family Lawyer on the Broderbund.com site), one of the images has a picture of the Interest Vision Software opened up).

Hope this helps others that have wanted to continue using this wonderful little program from the Bob Parson days (Parsons Technology).

Thanks again for the link.

Collapse -
by djmc012 / June 23, 2010 3:44 AM PDT

I would like a copy of Interest Vision for Windows 7. I have an old copy that works on XP that I loaded on to my Windows 7, but it will not run. If your copy works on Vista, I would like to try it on Windows 7. I wonder why they quit making it. It's the best little finance software I know of.

Collapse -
Re: runs on XP
by Kees Bakker / June 23, 2010 7:47 AM PDT

Use Windows 7 anytime update to update to the Professional version. Then run this program in the virtual XP mode that's included therein.

Kees

Collapse -
Copy of Interest Vision
by wmaden / June 6, 2014 1:01 AM PDT

I have been using IVSE for quite some time now, and if there is some way we can communicate through e-mail, I will send you a copy of it.
I don't use it daily, but I knew that once in a while it would come in handy, so I have always tried to keep a copy of it on my computer. I don't know how old it is, but I use Win7 and it still works on it.
I looked in the "About" section to see the Version number, and it says: "Special Edition"

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.