The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Longest buzzcast ever? Most rant-astic for sure!

by punterjoe / September 7, 2007 11:11 PM PDT

Where else would one find such passion combined with an equal measure of logic? Agree or disagree, you make your cases compellingly, and it's always in a way that totally commandeers my attention. I often multitask while listening to other podcasts, but find BOL demands more focus to keep up with the intellectual sparring matches you get going.
Please, never mellow. Don't feel the need to go all WWE on us & turn everything into 'the ultimate confrontation', but when you feel strongly, don't hold back.
Personally, I'd love to see all the hatas & maddog's drones settle it over a friendly game of paintball... or tasertag, but that's just me Happy

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Longest buzzcast ever? Most rant-astic for sure!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Longest buzzcast ever? Most rant-astic for sure!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Airsoft...
by irafreight / September 7, 2007 11:13 PM PDT
Collapse -
Split the show and give everyone what they want
by LunaticSX / September 8, 2007 7:58 AM PDT

Maybe instead of doing what other people have suggested and splitting the podcast into an "Apple cast" and a "non-Apple cast" (totally unnecessary, as there are already plenty of both), they could split the show into a "rant cast" and a "non-rant cast."

Or maybe a "news cast" and a longer "news+rants cast." The length of time these rants are taking up is just making me tune out. They cause the crew to either miss other stories of the day (HP spent millions in New York on Wednesday on a big release event, refreshing their entire line, but since it was on the same day as Apple's announcements BOL not only didn't even mention it, they skipped it the next two days too, to do more Apple ranting), or make the show run too long.

Lun Esex

Collapse -
RantCast all the way
by irafreight / September 8, 2007 8:31 AM PDT

News you can get anywhere and everywhere.

Collapse -
Are we talking 'spin off' - or segregation?
by punterjoe / September 9, 2007 11:09 AM PDT

I don't think having separate Apple & everything else versions is the way to go. They're all in the same ecosystem. Don't arbitrarily & artificially separate them.

Collapse -
by irafreight / September 9, 2007 11:20 AM PDT

Evolve the podcast to a RantCast, it'd be rantastic!

Collapse -
Other people talking about splitting the show
by LunaticSX / September 10, 2007 3:33 PM PDT

I wasn't talking about splitting the show into "Apple" and "non-Apple" versions, *other* people were. I was saying that *instead* of that it could possibly be split into a "news cast" and a longer "news+rants cast."

While other people here would clearly be "rantcast" fanboys, I'd personally rather have the shorter show that's just the real news.

Lun Esex

Collapse -
Agree except...
by PortVista-190953130350169 / September 8, 2007 8:40 AM PDT

not so much Apple... go back to picking on how stupid the government is on tech. Tell the CNET reporters to do some of their own investigative reporting, instead of just editorializing press releases and junkets.

Collapse -
They're just putting the "out loud" in BOL.
by vree13 / September 9, 2007 5:45 AM PDT

Yep. I, too,enjoy the commentary and the discourse.

Anyway, episode 521 actually runs 1:41 longer than this "longest" one...

Collapse -
You're kidding right?
by TedPax / September 9, 2007 2:45 PM PDT

This is the fist time I've heard the BOL and Molly too arrogant and emotional to me. I barely heard the other point of view between her little diatribes. She's not funny, and talks way too much and says very little that's of any use. Looking at her BIO and wonder what qualifiies her to write about technology?

Concerning the iPhone pricing; she's one of those consumers that has an entitlement attitude and thinks the world owes her something. Apple is a business, they're not your friend, not your buddy and not your mother. If you can't take responsibility for your actions and can't be a good consumer, that's your fault, not anyone elses.

A co-worker purchased a RAZR phone when it was $600. When, in less than 2 months in dropped in half, Motorola didn't do a thing. That's technology, great over it.

Collapse -
Consumers have a right to be upset
by Nicholas Buenk / September 9, 2007 4:41 PM PDT
In reply to: You're kidding right?

If they feel they are being ripped off.
That's not the same as entitlement.

Collapse -
Oh come on...
by irafreight / September 10, 2007 12:53 AM PDT

He's just saying that whatever the CEO says is right and you as a customer should just shut the hell up and take it. Steve jobs is NEVER wrong. When has he ever made a mistake, never. It's almost as if he's been chosen by a higher power.

Collapse -
it's a little of both . . .
by the_deanster / September 10, 2007 3:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Oh come on...

If you don't like the practices, then don't participate in them. No matter what Apple puts out, if the market won't bear it, consumers will not buy it, and the market will shake it out. I guess my point is that the market tells us whether it's right or wrong in the end. If you/anyone doesn't like it, change it, or don't participate in it.

Jobs is selling you alot more than a device. and the fact that we all are having this conversation about apple, is continueing to sell the idea of Apple. The only way that changes is from the consumer's end.

Get pissed and rant at consumers, cause they made and continue to make Apple what they are, and continue to be. Consumers have more power than they ever have in history.

Unless of course, you really love your iPhone. then, your probably a little pissed, but you don't feel betrayed.

Collapse -
I don't want all rants.
by echeola / September 10, 2007 12:22 AM PDT

Who wants the Bill O'Reily of Tech. Boring and stupid. It's hard to listen to and gives me a headache like that Chocolate Rain song. I just expect more from BOL.

Collapse -
Go Molly!
by BigErn314 / September 10, 2007 12:37 AM PDT

Sure the fanboys are easily offended if you don't worship Apple but don't let that hold you back!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.