Headphones & Mp3 Players

General discussion

LOGIK mp3-player 256MB formatting gone bad

by Cherber / January 27, 2006 11:44 AM PST

Hi! I accidently formatted my mp3-player using "SigmaTel MSCN Audio Player" and now it doesn't even switch on. The LCD screen is off. Plugging it into the PC via USB doesn't have any effect because the PC can't even detect it. I don't know what to do. It was the appropriate software for my mp3-player and now I got nothing. Is there anyway to reboot the player trough any kind of button or switch. I tried putting brand new batteries in and no change.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LOGIK mp3-player 256MB formatting gone bad
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LOGIK mp3-player 256MB formatting gone bad
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Logik MP3-Player 128BM, 256MB, 512MB Formatting
by vakond / February 9, 2006 10:32 PM PST

Dears,

Don't worry!
I had the same issue Yesterday and after some steps the problem has been solved.

If you still have Firmware on CD, you got delivered with the MP3-Player, all what you have to do is put the CD in CD-Driver (you will get on monitor: LOGIK Software CD. WMA, MP3 Player)

Use 1st. View Manual in pdf-format.

You can print it, before starting to download the firmware version 3.199 (Setup Driver)

How to proceed to solve your problem, please go to page 12/13 Trouble shooting.

Follow step by step.

If you still have this problem, write a message, I can assist you on other way.

Good Luck.

Collapse -
Ask
by lerxst2112 / February 22, 2006 1:04 AM PST

Hi Vakond,

I had the same issue too..But unfortunately i didn't know what brand my mp3 player is and there's no manual in the CD included..

Could you please send the manual to : kid_loh@plasa.com

I want to try whether i still can save my mp3 player that's totally dead now T_T..

Thanks Before ^^

Collapse -
That didn't work out!!!
by wanda.burton / March 4, 2006 2:03 AM PST

Hi,
I followed the steps in the manual. that did not work out...
Help me
Thanks,
Venu

Collapse -
Help...
by lerxst2112 / March 6, 2006 2:34 AM PST

could somebody send me the logik's manual..I wanna know whether mine still can be saved or not ^^..If not just the recovery section is enough..send it to ***_ce@yahoo.com...thanks for helping ^^

Collapse -
I also cannot upload firmware
by alvinhjr / March 5, 2006 2:52 AM PST

Good Evening,

I also have a BLANK logik MP3, hardly used. Went to use it and BLANK screen. Followed the instructions, recovery mode etc. However the MP3 player could not be found when computer searched for devices.
Any other ideas or has fifty quid gone down the drain !

Really cheesed off, please help.

Martin

Collapse -
Logik MP3-Player 128BM, 256MB, 512MB Formatting
by jbares / March 14, 2006 6:23 AM PST

Hi Vakond,

My 128 MB works fine with MP3 files and displays WMA files but will not play them. Any ideas.

Many thanks,

Bob (Buddy Holly Fan)

Collapse -
Will download WMA files but will not play them at all
by dalmartron / July 8, 2006 4:53 PM PDT

I have just bought a Logik MP3 1GB MP3 player. It works perfectly for MP3 files.
I then downloaded some of my WMA files and they will not play at all. They were recorded at 128 KBps so I did some more at lower speed, down to 64 and 48 KBps and these will not play either.
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

Collapse -
logik mp3 256mb
by cnet_ravi / July 6, 2006 3:55 PM PDT

I had terrible probs with my player but when i took it back to the shop they said one reason for loading trax but them not playing could be the audio quality is too high on media player.
Goto win media player - tools - ooptions- copy music tab - find the audio quality and slide the marker down.
This sorted my prob hope it helps someone else.
BM.x

Collapse -
no cd
by olliepollie / August 27, 2006 6:33 AM PDT

i have lost the cd for my 256mb logik mp3 player, and as im using a different computer i need the software again, and i dont have it. could you help plz?

Collapse -
still dont work
by idmoyo / October 7, 2006 1:43 AM PDT

its impossible to get it working because he computer cant/ wont detect the mp3 player

Collapse -
I gave up!
by Cherber / March 5, 2006 3:28 AM PST

Thanks for all your replies, but I gave up and bought a new one. I still had the recipt for it and added a few coins and switched to a better one.

So the best advice I can give you is always hang on to your recipt.

Good luck to you all. Technology is a great thing when it works.

Collapse -
Need Firmware
by Woembah / May 11, 2006 1:46 AM PDT
In reply to: I gave up!

Does any1 have firmaware for the logik 512MB LCD (Sigmatel). I need Version 3.199 i lost my CD does any1 no where i could download it or something. i dont need the application just the firmware.

Collapse -
Logic mp3 player 512Mb firmware files 3.199 (3.000.199)
by shannontk / August 29, 2006 10:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Need Firmware

I too have corrupted firmware and no CD and can't find exactly the right version after a prolonged internet trawl. Does anyone have the firmware files for this player? I just need the following set of four files (I think): resource.bin, usbmsc.sb, stmpsys.sb and bootmanager.sb - the sb files can be opened in notepad and have the firmware versions at the top - I think two of them will be ver 3.000.199. I bought 2 identical players from Dixon's UK as Xmas presents for my nephews which did not have support CDs but I have aquired the Sigmatel firmware updater from other sources and hope to reflash the broken one to make one nephew as happy as his brother.

Collapse -
RFORMAT FAT36...DONT DO IT ON WINDOWS VISTA THO....
by kandisey / October 6, 2007 10:54 AM PDT
In reply to: I gave up!

IF YOU REFORMAT ON WINDOWS VISTA UL AV NO END OF TROUBLE

Collapse -
LOGIK MP3 player 256MB problems
by GAURAV2007_2008 / June 17, 2006 9:31 PM PDT

I have a near identical problem!
My mp3 player just went weird.... The screen started to flash and would not play unless i put it in my usb port. I have tried Their website but unfortunately it is only available in a language i don't understand.

Where did you get the software to re-format the player?

No-one i ask seems to know how to fix these problems have you had any replies that help??

Collapse -
Logik mp3 player is a bad idea!
by lindpatt / October 24, 2006 12:33 AM PDT

Many people I know had bought these all around Christmas time, and fully enough about 4 months later, hardly anyone had one.
The reason why, they all broke. Mine still plays but the mp3 player is broken.
My friend says she threw hers away because she coudln't get the mp3 player to come on, it flashes a couple of times and then goes off. Onother person said the buttons didn't work. And another person also said she coudln't upload any songs to it.
My problem is if you had a song for example called "black" it would show up as bbbllllllltttkkk@***32k
Not useful if you want to search for songs quickly.
My advice is try and get a refund or get a different make. So many people I knew got them, and found problems with it, and so did I!

Collapse -
Problems with the Logik
by InfinityAmmo717 / February 10, 2012 5:12 PM PST

Hi, I have had the same problems as you, if i connect my "LOGMP31001 Logik mp3 player to the computer there is no signal what so ever, also if i put a new battery in it, it still refuses to turn on, even when i charge it, no power comes on.

What should i do?
Do i need to get a new one?

Is there any advice or steps on trying to work the Logik mp3 player?

Please Help!!

Thank you.

Collapse -
logik mp3 help
by amikola / March 9, 2012 2:43 PM PST

there is a tiny button called reset on the mp3...
just use some kind of nail to click it.
it may delete all songs but it helps to turn the mp3 on.
i had the same problem but when i clicked reset it turned on and even didn't delete any songs

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.