Samsung forum

General discussion

LNT5265F blue screen

by Rodrigo Baylon / March 8, 2009 1:25 AM PST

Hi all,
I bought my TV back in 2007, after a while I started getting that blue screen when using HDMI (blue ray and PS3). After contacting Samsung it was sent me a pen drive with file T-TULPAUS0-1032 which worked very well in the beginning however the issue came back again. Not so often for the PS3 but mainly for my blue ray player (BD-UP500).
What would be the final and definitive solution for this case?
(please don't tell me is to buy another TV Wink ).
I even saw other foruns where it was mentioned maybe a board should be replaced...
I'm looking forward for your feedback.
Thanks, Rodrigo.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LNT5265F blue screen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LNT5265F blue screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
LNT5265F blue screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 8, 2009 9:23 AM PDT
In reply to: LNT5265F blue screen

Rodrigo Baylon,

Unfortunately, I'm not able to assist with internal troubleshooting ideas such as boards and internal parts. I'm not sure what's causing the blue screen to appear. Is there anything that happens prior to it that you might be able to detail?

--HDTech

Collapse -
LNT5265F blue screen
by Rodrigo Baylon / March 8, 2009 3:09 PM PDT

Hi, thanks for your quick reply.
No nothing happens. Screen simply gets blue... out of nowhere!
I can still hear the sound and only way to fix this is to turn off the TV and then tunr on back again. And it started again like in the very beginning when sometimes I have to do this process for two or three times during a movie.
This only happens when using the HDMI out put which is connected to my receiver and then to my blu-ray player (Samsung BD-UP500) and my PS3.
I bought the TV May/07 and then in Jul/07 I got a Toshiba's HD-DVD player and it was when this problem started. After a while trying to figure out what was going, I isolate the issue in the TV so I contact Samsung. It was when they sent me a pen drive with a firmware update (1032). It was OK until Mar/08 when I got the blu-ray player and this blue screen started once again. Not frequent as before but happening.
Now this issue came back and happening more often when I am playing my PS3 or watching a movie (it's a fact such blue screen only happens when playing HD disks. Never had this issue when watching DVDs through same output).
About the eventual replacement of internal parts, I don't know if that's the case or not. I only read on other forums some people telling this is what happened to them.
Any idea?
If you need further info, please let me know.
I really like this TV so I am just would like to have it 100% OK.
Thanks, Rodrigo.

Collapse -
LNT5265F blue screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 16, 2009 3:40 PM PDT

Rodrigo Baylon,

I apologize for the delayed response, I've been out last week and just catching up.

Does the blue screen appear when any of the components are hooked up directly to the television without the receiver? The issue seems to come and go, so when it comes, next time try using the PS3 or Blu-Ray directly hooked up and see if you can duplicate the experience. I wonder if there is some kind of handshake or general incompatibility with the receiver, since this seems to happen to the components that are directly plugged into them.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.