Samsung

Question

LN22B460B2DXZA Turns off, blinking light

by Thinngol / March 29, 2012 7:13 AM PDT

My HDTV has been doing this for around 6 months. I have a new monitor so I don't need it but would like to have it work better. The tv does not turn on unless I physically hit it or shake the box. Once on, it works for variable amounts of time, but inevitably turns off again. In the "off" state, the indicator light blinks on twice for 1 second each, then is blank for 2 seconds. The screen flickers slightly at the start of each flashing light cycle. The tv can start working immediately if I hit/shake it again, but it sometimes takes quite a while to turn back on (it will never turn on if left alone).

I called samsung and they told me to bring it to a repair shop, but that'll likely cost me $50 right off the bat (+actually getting it fixed). I read about similar problems suggesting to change the lamp/PSU/capacitors, but I thought I would ask about this specific model.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN22B460B2DXZA Turns off, blinking light
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN22B460B2DXZA Turns off, blinking light
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Sounds sort of, like, might be?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2012 7:46 AM PDT

Heat related or some connection. Your usual technician when they service it (maintenance is mandatory on this type design) will clean the dust out, check the fans and may unplug/plug in connections as they do the usual yearly work.

How long since the tech saw this one?
Bob

Collapse -
Cleaned
by Thinngol / March 29, 2012 11:08 AM PDT

Heat would sound reasonable, but wouldn't really explain the whole hitting it turns it back on. I haven't brought it to a technician yet, but I've cleaned out the dust and checked the board (warranty is expired anyways) and nothing glaring jumped out at me.

Collapse -
Hitting it
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2012 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Cleaned

Would mean what it means. I'm unsure if we need to discuss what that means. A technician would cringe but use that as a clue. They may also use it as the reason to tear it down, and build it back up.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.