Samsung forum

General discussion

LN-T4061F LCD shuts off then comes back on !!!

by P1xel / March 10, 2009 2:36 PM PDT

I'm having a problem with my LCD shutting OFF then coming back on sporadically, ... being a bedroom TV, I have it ON occasionally at nights a few hours, (the problem would probably be worse if it was my main TV), I purchased it in April 08 and it's only happened five times, but it happen to me last night again .... it went black for a split second, beep, then shutdown, about one second later, it powered back on by itself ..... I have a Monster Cable power surge protector and a PS3 connected to it ...... Does any body have a clue?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LN-T4061F LCD shuts off then comes back on !!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LN-T4061F LCD shuts off then comes back on !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Chao_Sama / March 11, 2009 4:59 AM PDT

The only thing I can advise is to reset your unit for 1 minute by unplugging it from the power supply. Plug the unit back in if sporadic behavior contines. call 800-Samsung for service if ur in warranty

Collapse -
Re: Resetting
by P1xel / March 11, 2009 1:10 PM PDT
In reply to: Resetting

Yeah, i tried that way-back-when i first experienced this about 8 months ago and it did it again like 3 more times within 6 months, then my last experience was just the other night .... i'm being proactive about it now before my Warranty runs out .... after doing a little research, i've noticed several people are having this same problem with some Samsungs (40,46 & 52 inch LCD's), and no real solution has come out of it after Tech's replacing Circuit Boards & reflashing with the latest firmware, this doesn't seem to fix it (according to some victims) ... i'm starting to think that Samsung has dropped the ball on this one !

Collapse -
by Chao_Sama / March 13, 2009 3:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: Resetting

I would definately get service started on the product asap before the warranty runs out....if it does run out there is usually an bit of grace period however...i don't think that Samsung has dropped the ball on this issue...if your unit has an problem they will service the unit until it is fixed...and if it can't be fixed they will replace the unit.....

Collapse -
Talked to a Tech
by P1xel / March 15, 2009 2:23 PM PDT
In reply to: Replacement

After Calling Samsung, they had a local tech call me about my problem and he has no logical explanation for this and has dealt with this issue before many times, he's replaced Circuit Boards, LCD panels, Power Supplies, re-Flashed Firmware, and the customer always usually call back and says its doing it again, from a matter of weeks to months before symptoms re-appear again ... I don't want to donate mine to a Tech to experiment with, i want a definite fix ... He wants to see the symptom so he can diagnose, which means he has to take my TV to his shop and have it on all day till it happens, who knows how long that'll take ... i guess my options are: Do this Sacrifice or Live with it ! Thanks Samsung, i'll be sure not to buy another !

Collapse -
Samsung 52" 630
by Scottrwinterssr / March 18, 2010 2:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Resetting

I have a Samsung 52" 630, I bought it 14 months ago and mine started to do the same thing, you turn it on and it will shut it self back off somethimes 3 or 4 times before it will stay on. The picture is still great when it's on?

Collapse -
Having the same problem
by SicKorpS / March 14, 2009 9:11 AM PDT

I have a 50 inch DLP LCD Samsung series 6, model #HL50A650C1FXZA just today 3/14/09 TV started to turn off and on. Thought it was my remote with a button stuck but still doing it.

Collapse -
by SicKorpS / March 14, 2009 9:21 AM PDT

I purchased Sept 08 off Circuit City and as everyone knows they went out of business, can't return it there, what do I do.

Collapse -
Bought mine from Circuit City also (Apr 08)
by P1xel / March 15, 2009 2:35 PM PDT
In reply to: edit

I bought mine from Circuit City also, but you have to call Samsung to have a Tech look at it since you can't take it back to the store to exchange it or repair it, that's what i'm going thru right now (see my posts above), although mine is a LCD instead of a DLP.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2009 9:05 AM PDT

Have you done a firmware update for the unit?

Collapse -
Scratch that...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2009 9:16 AM PDT

My apologies... I didn't note the model number - there is none on the website that I could direct you to.

The bottom line is that I want you to be a happy customer. I know the fix above isn't ideal, but there are measures in place to ensure you're as happy as can be.

If you've lost faith in the product, you might try calling our ECR department (800-SAMSUNG) to see what kinds of resolutions are available. Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Collapse -
same deal
by zdub73 / March 14, 2009 1:15 PM PDT

I just bought a 46" 850 last week and I can't go more than 10 minutes without the TV shutting down and starting up every minute or so . . . (model LN46A850S1FXZA). Between that and the IR problem (spent 3 hours at Time Warner getting my cable box replaced only to find out the problem is the TV), I'm pretty steamed at having bought this thing. Great picture, but since I can't watch it, what's the point? Anybody get any news on any possible fixes/causes, etc?

Collapse -
Re: same deal
by P1xel / March 15, 2009 2:52 PM PDT
In reply to: same deal

Are you sure the timer isn't set to turn off in ten minutes ? ... if not, then yours seems to have that issue more often than mine, a Tech told me he can diagnose a problem with a TV that has this problem more often than mine that does it once in a long time .... I'd take it back to the store or call Samsung and have a Tech call you, so you can have it checked out .... or even replace it if it does it every ten minutes .... i'm steamed also with this issue, i'm even steamed at recommending friends & family to a Samsung

Collapse -
that's not it
by zdub73 / March 16, 2009 1:14 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: same deal

Yeah . . . I'm sure it's not the timer. Thanks tho.
I set up a service call immediately, but have yet to receive a call from the service dealer, which is also a joke. I was told today that it takes 2 business days to get a call to schedule an appointment, which makes it 4 days, since I called on Saturday. 4 days to SCHEDULE an appointment? Really?
I hear ya. I'd have trouble ever recommending a Samsung again to anyone. In fact, I've already talked two people I know out of buying a Samsung. I'm frankly indifferent to brands, I'm not "for" or "against" any brand. But the fact that we researched this for weeks, never heard anything about any of the issues that plague this tv (try googling the 850 and see how many pages deep you go before you can find the IR issue), then have it basically not work out of the box, THEN come across a 37 page thread about all the things that are plaguing this model (known to Samsung), THEN not get calls back from the service rep? Uggh. If I could return this thing, I would, in a heartbeat.
I could've NOT watched TV for free.

Collapse -
Addressing these issues...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2009 9:04 AM PDT
In reply to: that's not it

I've read through these forums, and I can appreciate the frustration of not being able to take the unit back to the retailer in the event a problem arises. The last thing I want is for you guys to have a negative experience with Samsung.

That said, if you're still struggling with a repair appointment, please let me know and I'll help out to the best of my abilities.

Our service comes to your house, and for that, the local representative has to schedule. We have to transfer your information to the independent service tech, and they have to schedule the appointments - and we have to give them a reasonable amount of time to get a hold of you and schedule the appointment. So I hope that explains the process a little.

As far as "things known to Samsung", many of the posts note that "we know about these things" when in fact, things can go wrong with any product, and it doesn't necessarily make it "widespread" or a "known issue". We handle them on a case-by-case basis, most times to the satisfaction of the customer regardless of what it is "considered", status wise. There are other companies out there who don't have a service network, so we do the best with what we have.

Please let me know if I can assist you in your repair process.

Collapse -
Re: Addressing these issues
by P1xel / March 20, 2009 5:58 PM PDT

I understand that Samsung has a Repair Network support, and i applaud it, but my fear with this issue is that i'm close to my warranty being over (12 std. months plus three extra months due to registering my unit online), and i'm having this sporadic rebooting issue (while still in warranty)... okay now, a Tech tells me and says he's seen this before and there's no logic to why this happens and does not know where to start to repair it, besides just guessing and start replacing parts till it stops, i don't want to donate my TV as a Guinea Pig because there's a chance the issue can get worse, and with my Luck, the warranty would be over and and stuck with this TV and i would incur all the repair charges that may be hit or miss, .... so my problem with Samsung is the R&D, Someone is responsible for QA or QC to ensure products used to build a TV are robust before releasing to the consumer, whether it be Samsung or their suppliers to minimize Lemon Tv's or recalls, i say this, because i believe this is beyond a case-by-case basis when there is a ton of Samsung owners experiencing this same issue. I know recalls are initiated based on a percentage vs. problem units ... and After my warranty is out and my TV takes a dump for good, i'm speculating Samsung is just gonna say sorry, because who knows IF the problems i'm having now is related to the dump it takes !? .... So for owners who called in about this problem When-In-Warranty, Samsung should step up to the plate for reputation sake.

Collapse -
Case by Case
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 21, 2009 6:32 PM PDT

Well, as far as stepping up to the plate, we'll fix the issue, and we do so with units on that case by case basis.

I don't understand why a tech would note that this is "unknown" like you described. If something is malfunctioning, there's something wrong with the unit - it's not 'illogical', and if he can't isolate the problem, then you should have a technician that can properly diagnose and find the problem. If that was my mechanic telling me that, "well, it might be this... or that... or maybe that - I'll just start pulling parts...", then there's no way I'm going to let him touch my car. I'm going to go to someone who can give me an educated response on what the problem is and expect the issue to be resolved. I can see how your faith in our products can be shaken due to a response like that.

I could probably guess what it is, unfortunatley as a policy, I can't say that it's probably your main PCB board. That should be something your tech should know after properly diagnosing it.

That said, our service is pretty generous with an additional three months. If your unit has had an issue and you pass that 12-month mark, I'd be hard pressed to believe that suddenly service would say, "Sorry" in the midst of an issue, because even I'd take issue with that. I know those people, and they don't operate that way.

As with any product, when the warranty is up, that's it. The reality is that some companies don't even respond once the warranty is up. Our service allows people to appeal and go to a resolutions department and state their case. I think that speaks well of our reputation. We may agree to disagree, but look around this board. We're here serving the customers. I'm telling people to extend their warranties for free in a little known, hidden policy days before the 15th month is up - becsuse I care and want them to enjoy their investment. We're standing behind our product, and I've gone to bat for everyone who has asked me to, mostly with positive results.

Servicing something you've paid for is never fun. P1xel, I can appreciate that as much as the next guy. Give us an opportunity to fix the issue, and if need be, I'll step in and assist to the best of my abilities.

Collapse -
not satisfied . . . sorry
by zdub73 / March 21, 2009 5:15 AM PDT

Just to be clear, I'm not criticizing you. You're doing yeoman's work here. But this situation simply isn't acceptable.
Just got a call from my service rep re: my repair. Apparently they can't come out and try to fix the TV until APRIL (!) because the inverter boards are on back order. She says this model of tv (i have a LN48a850s1fxza, 46" LCD) has a known defect of IR interference (which we already know . . .;forums06) and she has LOTS of tv's that she can't repair since she can't get the parts from Korea (via California). So while I appreciate the company line (again no disrespect to you personally), the idea that this is somehow an isolated incident with my tv that I should somehow accommodate for is silly. There is a 38 page thread on the IR issue alone (that you are an active participant in).
Having said that, if this were simply a remote control problem, I could live until April, but since my television shuts itself off after 10 minutes (and every 30 seconds thereafter), the television is for all intents and purposes useless, or as one poster calls it, "a sink".
I paid about $2000 for my television. I was perfectly happy with my Panasonic plasma, but my movers dropped it when we moved at the of Feb. So I sought out the best TV I could find within my budget and fully expected it to work. In the few weeks since, I have literally not been able to watch television at all (or DVDs, or games, etc). Your customer support center is telling me that they can't discuss a replacement until a repair effort has occurred. Yet a repair effort cant' occur until your company produces the parts to fix their faulty television.
If you would like to help me facilitate a discussion with someone at the "executive" level to make an exchange happen, I would appreciate it. But I can't afford to jerk around with this problem anymore. If I'm going to be wasting my time on this TV, I'd rather be wasting it by writing to consumer advocacy groups and Consumer Reports and the like, so at least someone else doesn't get worked over like we have. Again, I know it's not your personal fault and I appreciate your dealing with upset customers so respectfully, but we saved hard to pay $2000 for a television set and not getting a working one and not having any legitimate response after 3 weeks is not really a situation that holds water. As I told the rep over the phone at Samsung, I'm willing to trade up, trade down, whatever. Just get this thing resolved. If you can help that situation, that would be fantastic. If not, let me know . . .

Collapse -
Understood - and ready to help.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 23, 2009 9:32 AM PDT

I completely understand your situation, and would like to accommodate your request the best I can. On a personal note, thank you for your candor, and I'll do my best.

The first step is to escalate this issue, and that step does take you calling 800-SAMSUNG and asking that your transaction number be forwarded to our ECR (Executive Consumer Relations) Department. They will likely issue a new number, and begin the process.

If they say a repair attempt must be made, then I can't over-ride that. But again, talk to someone higher than the Tier 1 agent on the phone and explan the catch-22.

I will say that from what I've seen online, this process does take time. I will be able to provide snapshot updates on occasion, but since I'm not "Service", I can only get so much information during the course of this. I do have to let the people in ECR do their job, and simply put, they don't answer to me.

Collapse -
Thanks, a bit of traction and a question . . .
by zdub73 / March 27, 2009 1:21 PM PDT

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for the delay in the status update, I wanted to wait to how the ECR call would play out.
So here's where I'm at right now. I tried to escalate the issue last weekend and was told that ECR would call me in a few days. Unfortunately, I never got a call. So I called today after 5 business days, almost 7 real days (they knew nothing of my issue). After going over it with the woman, who was nice enough, she put me on hold to call my service rep and make sure that the parts were actually on back order. Having confirmed that, she agreed to put me in touch with the exchange dept to replace the television. Getting somewhere. But there are two things that are concerning me. . .
1)I was refused any way to contact the exchange dept. (they'll get in touch with you). Since everything so far has taken the maximum possible time, if it's happened at all, I'm a bit concerned about this. Is there any way to follow what's happening with the exchange dept. progress on my trans. number? If it takes another few weeks, I'm no better off than if I waited for the repair!
2)I'm also very concerned about the idea of getting the SAME tv again, with the exact same problems. As you can tell, I'm not of the opinion that this is an isolated malfunction on my unit. Without divulging trade secrets, legal issues, etc., is there any way to know if the replacement 850 will have the proper inverted boards already installed? If I get to speak to the exchange dept, are there any new versions in the same "class" that I could request without running the risk of this IR/shutoff issue(s)? I understand that as a Samsung rep you probably can't talk too specifically about the problems my tv has, but maybe there's a "newer" version that could stand in my tv's stead for an exchange that has fewer "issues"? (open question to anyone reading . . .) Worst case scenario I would swap down (without a promise about the boards, etc), but if there's another option, I'd listen . . .

Collapse -
Thanks, a bit of traction and a question . . .
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 27, 2009 7:54 PM PDT

Thanks for the update, and hopefully I can address... well, what I can address. I recommend calling them and checking your status every now and then.

1. The Exchage Department is not a reachable department. That's not just you, that's everybody. That said, I'll be happy to help if a reasonable amount of time has passed if a "reminder" is necessary. Since I deal with these service issues, and I'm not IN the service department, I have to use a little bit of discretion before I bang on their doors. Happy

2. I have no way of knowing what unit will be replaced with which unit. This is definitely something you want to discuss with ECR, and if you're concerned, you might offer to swap down if that's acceptable, or (ahem) maybe inquire about the other direction. It's totally at their discretion, and I can't submit anything to you further than that. I just have no way of inspecting or knowing what parts are in any unit, and would have to assume that your fears may be justified. Maybe not, but I'm not willing to back up anything that I can't personally deliver, and I can't say with certainty. I don't have time for guessing, being wrong, and thus angering our loyal customers. So that's the straight shooter response I can deliver.

So that's what I got for now. Does that help? I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to help make this right.

Keep me posted.

Collapse -
Here we go again . . .
by zdub73 / March 30, 2009 1:37 PM PDT

Got an email today from Samsung telling me that they have scheduled a repair and to contact the service rep (the same one I've been in contact with). What? I arranged an exchange on Friday evening! I've waited for a week with no response from anyone on the Samsung team and now they're organized enough to cancel my exchange and set up a repair in 8 business hours? I called the service rep and she told me the same thing she's told me before (she's very nice). She said that the parts (the inverter boards) are on back order til mid-April at least and that they can't schedule a repair until they get the parts. Again, she told me that she has a "pile" of work orders for this tv that she can't fix until she gets the parts. No kidding.
So I called ECR and the woman told me that the exchange has been cancelled and so forth. When I told what was going on she put me on hold and told me basically "tough". I'm never rude to customer reps (what a thankless job, she didn't build the damn thing), but I raised my voice a bit and explained the whole story again and asked for her supervisor. She put me hold for five minutes and came back and told me that an exchange had been approved. When I told her I wouldn't accept the same model she assured me I would get a "working tv". I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.
What is going on with Samsung? Do they care about their reputation? To prove that I'm not just a squeaky wheel when things go against me, let me relate a short story . . . a few years back my IBM Intellistation went crazy. It was also an expensive piece of equipment and vital for my work. The warranty was up by a good 5 months but I called IBM (this was before Lenovo bought them) anyways. They must have spent hours in various levels of tech support with me and diagnosed the problem and actually mailed me a new part (power supply and cables) for free. They saved my butt (and my wallet) without so much as a tsk tsk. Out of gratitude and respect, from that day forward when anyone asked me about which brand of PC to buy (I work with computers a lot), I would relate this story and tell them that while the IBM might not be right for them, I would whole-heartedly recommend them over other cheaper alternatives. The $20 dollars in parts probably netted them at least 3 sales they wouldn't have otherwise made (maybe even 10, I can't really know). That's why companies should care about customer support.
Is Samsung trying to get me to go the opposite route? Do I have to broadcast to everyone I know that the customer service at Samsung REFUSES to take care of their customers? That they'll sell you a top shelf tv and then disown you, even if the fault is theirs?
So we're on the same page . . . It is confirmed by Samsung's service rep that this tv has faulty parts. It is confirmed by Samsung's rep that the replacements for those parts are on indefinite back order from Samsung. Samsung, however, keeps insisting that a repair be made using those parts, to the point of unilaterally canceling exchanges that have been agreed upon.
Can we agree that is a circle-jerk of logic that doesn't bode well for me and any other customers who were sold a bum tv?
What's up with that?

Collapse -
Here we go again . . .
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 30, 2009 6:59 PM PDT
In reply to: Here we go again . . .

I don't believe you to be a squeaky wheel, I believe this to be a legitimate concern. I'm very much the same way with customer loyalty, and I appreciate your situation. I really do.

The real answer is that I don't have an answer. But I'm going to see what I can find out.

Collapse -
btw . . .
by zdub73 / March 30, 2009 11:33 PM PDT

my trans. number is 4003282882, if that's of any value.

Collapse -
still nothing
by zdub73 / April 6, 2009 6:02 AM PDT

no word at all from Samsung. Been a week since I rescheduled an exchange. Any idea how long these things take?

Collapse -
fed up . . .
by zdub73 / April 6, 2009 6:51 AM PDT

Just got off the phone with ECR and a particularly unpleasant woman named Marva. Here's a new wrinkle . . . The exchange department can't or won't call me because the 850 (!) they want to exchange my television with is on BACK ORDER. wow. Let's leave aside the fact that they are offering to exchange a clearly defective model of television with the same model (which I expressly stated I would not take) . . .
If I'm understanding this correctly . . . "executive" customer relations doesn't hold any sway with or CAN'T CONTACT the exchange department? I asked her to repeat that twice. Are you kidding me? What kind of freakin banana republic are you guys running? What exactly is the nature of this so-called "executive" thing? What else would they deal with but high level support issues that require some interference (pardon the pun) on their part. They can't CONTACT the exchange department. I paid $2000 for a television that has NEVER worked due and spent innumerable hours on the phone with people who can't or won't help me. This sucks big time and present company excluded, Samsung customer support sucks. I'm getting seriously pissed at this situation . . .

Collapse -
Fed up . . .
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 6, 2009 9:39 AM PDT
In reply to: fed up . . .

I don't know how long these issues take. I have sent your latest comments up for consideration; maybe they can do something, and I'm not sure what it will be. I just don't get to make those decisions. I'm pushing the issue, so I hope that makes a difference.

Collapse -
one more thing . . .
by zdub73 / April 6, 2009 12:17 PM PDT

Thanks for that. I remain slightly pessimistic and angry. I called back to ECR later this evening to double check that I had understood correctly. Turns out I hadn't. It gets stupider, if that's a word. I spoke to another woman who claimed that the exchange had been denied in lieu of a repair this morning. So the entire conversation this afternoon about delayed exchanges was . . . something else (misread? misinformation? failure to read to the bottom of the page?). So once again, I have an indefinite hold on a repair, no exchange, no communication about any of the above, a television that has never worked and await (with bated breath) a call from case management that is supposed to arrive in 2-3 days. I almost can't believe it. I presume that they can't be reached either?
(sorry to assault YOU with all of this at each stage, but it seems that every other Samsung employee requires a full throated explanation of the entire saga each time I call and assumes that this all started yesterday. Why am I so upset?)

Collapse -
one more quick thing . . .
by zdub73 / April 6, 2009 12:20 PM PDT
In reply to: one more thing . . .

When I told the woman this evening that "no, I wasn't scheduled for a repair", meaning of course that I thought I was scheduled for an exchange, she seemed to be implying that I was "denying service", which was my right. I had no idea what she was talking about. I told her I wasn't denying anything. Is it possible for you to double check my ticket and make SURE that no one has put me down for "denying service"?

Collapse -
one more thing . . .
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 6, 2009 1:46 PM PDT

I cam appreciate what it's like when the message changes.

I wonder if one of the service tickets doesn't suggest a repair, and the other suggests an exchange. I can't guess what decision was made, even after my email went up, but there's obviously some confusion. Keep posting, and if by Wednesday afternoon we don't have a solution, I'll compile the facts as they've been posted here and present it in an organized fashion to see what can be done.

Service issues are never fun, regardless of the product. I think the confusion may have been with the service numbers (no fault of yours), and I've already sent it up to see if the guy on top can sort it out. I usually don't get the resulting response - the customer does - and I'm normally left out of the loop.

I have no problem with you posting your experience here. It doesn't exactly make us shine, but then, we have to earn that. I'm eager to do what I can.

Collapse -
This a joke, right?
by zdub73 / April 9, 2009 12:56 PM PDT

". . . yeah, I was calling to find out why I haven't heard from case management. I was told I would receive a call in 2-3 days."
"The call will come in 48-72 hours"
"Yes, correct. I called you on Monday. It's Thursday."
"Sir, it's actually 48-72 BUSINESS HOURS."
"What? What are you talking about?"
"Business hours. They don't work during the night."

That conversation is not from an Ibsen play. It's from my call this afternoon to "executive" customer relations. I'm dead serious. Business hours? Since when is that a metric that normal humans use to measure time? I can only assume that this is an attempt to make me lose my temper and smash my television, thereby voiding the warranty and releasing you from any responsibility. Are you kidding me? First of all, I was told "2-3 days", not 48-72 hours. Secondly, by doing a quick calculation, I've discovered that since CM's business hours are 9-5 (I asked), my case management call can be expected in 6-9 business days. I don't know why I'm surprised. 72 hours always means 9 days, especially when you call it 3 days.
The second interesting piece of information I got was that the woman said the exchange department won't exchange my 850, because they would have to make a repair on any other 850 they sent me. They insist on making a repair because the parts that are required to fix the television are sure to be in by some point in April and will be immediately shipped to some location (she didn't know where) before they are immediately shipped to my service tech, who will then make an appointment as soon as possible to come try to fix my television. It's already been over a month since I paid $2K for a defective television that overrides every remote with infrared radiation then shuts on and off every thirty seconds. I'm so excited that at some point in the future Samsung will get the opportunity to prove to me that they "really really care about customer service!". Assuming that business time works in forward pointing direction in your dimension.
Genius. It's really genius.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.