Linux forum

General discussion

LINUX VERSION COMPARISON CHART

by trevoristight / June 4, 2006 4:31 AM PDT

Do anyone know where I can find a Linux version comparison? I really do like other peoples oppinions but I know that some peoples oppinions are at times based on how funny the comercials are, whether or not they are gettting any, the positions of the stars or the license plate number of the car that cut them off. I want a comparison chart of abilities popular versions of Linux, then I will like the "Pros vs. Cons" and them I don't mind to read the user Reviews.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LINUX VERSION COMPARISON CHART
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LINUX VERSION COMPARISON CHART
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here is one
by chuckieu / June 4, 2006 4:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
Couldn't Find A Comparison Chart
by trevoristight / June 4, 2006 5:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Here is one

I couldn't find a chart just a list of versions, I did though find out some usefull info and that is that some versions are best for begginers and others for "ME". I do actually have a bootable disk of Kanotix64 and I like the looks of it but cannot yet get the wireless working haven't tried the wire.

Collapse -
i got really great news
by trevoristight / June 4, 2006 5:59 AM PDT

All of my post prior to this one was done with Windoze, this is with Kanotix 64. I had a thought after my last post to try the wire and volla! here I am. I really do have to get Digital Dolly to work so that I can clone my C: drive so that I can partition my drive for dual boot. I am going to graduate from the Live CD Kanotix 64 to hard drive booting. I do want to "XP" windoze, that is to eXcise the Phat. But gradually as I learn linux and there come more 64 bit drivers. Anyone know how to use Digital Dolly? Let me know. How do I get the wireless working with Kanotix 64?

Collapse -
No chart but...
by null. / June 10, 2006 4:44 PM PDT
Collapse -
I LOVED IT
by trevoristight / June 10, 2006 9:48 PM PDT
In reply to: No chart but...

Yes, it was really pleasant, and it came up with the same results I got from the research that I have been doing since my posting. I have used a Live cd of Kanotix for a short time and liked it but I am looking to SUSE or UBUNTU. MANDRIVIA is in the running also. Thank you for that. Distrowatch.com has a list and lots of info and links that are good too. What I am going to do is try each in a rotation til I eliminate down to the ONE.

Collapse -
a nice list
by linkit / June 22, 2006 3:29 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.