Samsung forum

General discussion

LinkStick WIS-08BG2X for Ln46a850

by milu4u / May 28, 2009 5:55 AM PDT

I have been trying to purchase this LinkStick since last couple of days for my ln46a850. I can't seem to find it anywhere online. I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and was advised to check the samsungparts.com. They don't have it in stock and i was told that samsung has stopped making it.

Is there any other way around to have the infolink working for ln46a850?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LinkStick WIS-08BG2X for Ln46a850
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LinkStick WIS-08BG2X for Ln46a850
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
wiselink
by milu4u / May 28, 2009 6:58 AM PDT

Hi Samsung_HD_Tech,

Can you please give importance to this matter. As, I understand you might be busy responding to more technical questions right away. This Wiselink Function is one of the main reason I purchased this line of product.

I appreciate your help.

Collapse -
wiselink
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 9:26 AM PDT
In reply to: wiselink

milu4u,

I apologize for the delay.

I'll be happy to send you one free on behalf of Samsung. Send an email with your name, address, model number and serial number to LSforumcontest@gmail.com (please put your handle in the subject line) and I will get one out this week.

I only have a few left, but I'll get that out in the mail to you this week. Happy

--HDTech

Collapse -
Wiselink
by milu4u / May 28, 2009 11:03 AM PDT

Thank you Samsung_HD_Tech,

I have just forwarded you the requested information.

Thanks for your continuous support through this forum.

Thanks,

Collapse -
WIS-08BG2X for Ln46a850
by anasanav / April 17, 2013 3:43 PM PDT
In reply to: Wiselink

Hello
Are you still using linkstick? I can't find one, thought you might want to get rid of yours

Collapse -
wireless link
by ric62cnet / May 29, 2009 2:45 AM PDT

I am also having trouble finding the Wireless Adapter link stick WIS-08BG2X. I know that I bought the TV late in its run but I think Samsung should continue to support the features and necessary parts for the tvs that are currently selling/available. The internet links about the 850 continue to promote the feature. I checked Amazon and no longer available. I went to the Samsung parts and they are not available presently. Not sure if that means they will be available or not.
I'd like the option of having the features for a TV that I love and spent a decent amount of money on. I'm a bit worried that Samsung is abandoning a product line so quickly. Will the newer model link sticks work- I'd be willing to purchase them. I could use some advice.

Collapse -
wireless link
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 29, 2009 9:47 AM PDT
In reply to: wireless link

ric62cnet,

Email me the above information in post #3. I'll set one aside for you. Happy

I'm almost out of them, so if this thread becomes wildly popular, I'm saying it ahead of time - they are limited, and I'm working to get more. But when I'm out, I'm out.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LinkStick WIS-08BG2X for Ln46a850
by jimbohoward69 / May 30, 2009 4:02 AM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech,

I would like to add my name to the list if possible. I just bought a LN46A850 last week but do not have a dedicated LAN drop in my living room...wireless is my only alternative. I sent you an e-mail as well.

Thanks in advance,

James

Collapse -
Room for one More?
by TVExpert / June 8, 2009 3:15 PM PDT

I purchased my new LN46A850 on 5-23-09 and love the HDTV! Samsung Rocks! Samsung Tech do you have one more LinkStick WIS-08BG2X? I will email my contact info to the above email. If you can spare one more, let me say Thanks.

Collapse -
wireless link
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 10, 2009 4:11 AM PDT

Okay, sent out my remaining stock this morning with one left over.

Whew! Grin

You should have received an email from me. If you haven't received an email confirming that you were getting one, let me know.

--HDTech

Collapse -
wiselink
by TVExpert / June 16, 2009 8:23 AM PDT

Cool..I recieved an email from you Samsung HD Tech. Its 6-16-09 should I have gotten it by now?

Collapse -
wiselink
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 18, 2009 5:42 PM PDT

TVExpert,

I did two batches of mailings - one last week, and one this week. It should be arriving in the next couple of days either way.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
THANKS
by TVExpert / June 19, 2009 4:51 AM PDT

Thanks again Samsung HD Tech, The LinkStick arrived today in the mail and its works perfectly. GO SAMSUNG!

Collapse -
one more?
by LCDEnthus / June 19, 2009 7:38 AM PDT

Any chance you have that one left? Just sent you an email...

Collapse -
ATTN: Kim A. Hinceman
by John.Wilkinson / June 20, 2009 3:01 PM PDT

Posting your contact information, including home address and email address, on a public forum places you at risk. Thus, I have deleted your post to prevent the potential abuse of your information. However, Samsung_HD_Tech copied your information and will be contacting you directly.

Regards,
John

Collapse -
LinkStick
by pt1209 / June 19, 2009 10:47 PM PDT

Samsung_HD_Tech I too have been pick up a LinkStick too.. any chance you have one left?? I'll send you my info...

Collapse -
LinkStick
by Vas62 / June 20, 2009 12:17 AM PDT
In reply to: LinkStick

I'd like to have one too when available.

Regards

Collapse -
where can I buy a WIS-08BG2X adapter?
by dkny13 / October 23, 2009 8:17 AM PDT
In reply to: LinkStick

Hi HD Tech!

I've been searching all over the web to find this usb wifi adapter for my pn50a760 tv. Any ideas where to buy it? I checked at samsungparts.com and it says it is unavailable.
Thanks!

Collapse -
where can I buy a WIS-08BG2X adapter?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 23, 2009 11:57 AM PDT

dkny13,

You might try calling them at 800-627-4368 to see if they happened to get one in stock. They are hard to come by. The other option is to find it online at Amazon, Ebay, etc. I just don't have any left, unfortunately.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Link Stick
by MHeat3 / August 6, 2009 7:44 AM PDT

Do u have anymore left?

Collapse -
Link Stick
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 6, 2009 10:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Link Stick

MHeat3,

Unfortunately I do not, and don't expect any in the near future.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Any Alternatives to Link Stick
by MHeat3 / August 10, 2009 9:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Link Stick

Do i have to use the Link Stick or can i use my Netgear USB Adapter.
And are there any alternatives for it?

Collapse -
Any Alternatives to Link Stick
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 12, 2009 6:16 PM PDT

MHeat3,

The LinkStick is the only wireless device we will support. While others may or may not work (I've not heard of any generic ones working yet), it's not something our phone support will be able to assist with.

--HDTech

Collapse -
where to buy WIS-08BG2X link stick?
by dkny13 / October 23, 2009 8:20 AM PDT

where can I buy this usb wifi adapter? I checked samsungparts.com and it says this item is no longer available.

Collapse -
WIS-08BG2X no longer available?
by paarth_shukla / December 11, 2010 4:16 AM PST

Hello Samsung_HD_Tech,

I have been trying to find a link stick for my LN52B850 LCD TV but I can't find anywhere online. I visited Samsungparts.com and the device is no longer available. Can you please let me know how can I go about getting one for my TV so that I can use the TV to its full potential. One of the biggest reasons, why I bought this TV; internet-connectivity.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Below is the message that shows on samsungparts.com for WIS-08BG2X.

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-WIS-08BG2X.aspx?model=LN52A850S1FXZA

Part #: WIS-08BG2X
Product: TV
Stock: No Longer Available
Price: $38.18

Description:
The Samsung WIS08BG2X LinkStick is a wireless LAN adapter for select 2008 Samsung HDTVs. Your HDTV can offer more than just television programming. The LinkStick allows you to tap into InfoLink RSS information such as news, weather, sports, and stock directly from your Samsung HDTV screen.

Specification:
FOR ALL 650 SERIES AND HIGHER

Collapse -
WIS-08BG2X no longer available?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 13, 2010 6:58 AM PST

paarth_shukla,

Yes, you have the 2009 model, so you want the WIS09ABGN LinkStick instead.

--HDTech

Collapse -
where to buy WIS-08BG2X link stick?
by paarth_shukla / December 13, 2010 1:05 PM PST

Great! Thanks for the helpful tip. I'll get that ordered.

Collapse -
It would be nice if....
by ss aruba / January 9, 2011 12:39 AM PST

Samsung had continued to provide a WIS08BG2X alternative since they were hard to find when I purchased my LN52A750R1FXZA in late 2007. Samsung really left us high and dry as far as wireless connection goes. I currently see only one on ebay with a bid of $112 and even they are few and far between.

Even a firmware update to accept the newer WIS09ABGN adapter would be nice.

How about a list of possible aftermarket units that could work?

Collapse -
Samsung: WIS-08BG2X Wireless Link stick /usb adapter
by jdtx02 / January 12, 2010 11:55 PM PST

I need to kown where i can buy one for ln55a950. samsungparts website is out.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.