LG

Question

LG32LH30 Black Screen, Please Help!

by Un_Prophete / April 9, 2013 12:18 AM PDT

So this tv has worked perfectly since I bought it a few years ago. I just got a mede8er md600x3d media player, and was playing a movie from my WD external hard drive, with an hdmi cable from the media player to the television. About half way through the first movie on the day I hooked the media player up, a horizontal gray line appeared across the top of the television screen. This line appeared on all inputs, even when I unplugged all devices. The line progressively worsened, and became hundreds of gray and black vertical lines, until now when it is basically a totally black screen, except for a small sliver at the top. I've tried a hard reset, but that did not work. Could an external device actually fry a television screen? I am really at a loss, please help.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG32LH30 Black Screen, Please Help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG32LH30 Black Screen, Please Help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
As to the question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 1:01 AM PDT

I'm going with no. Such failures do occur but you would be asking the same question whether it's that box or another thing like a PS3 so, no.

I'm a bit confused about why the confusion here. That is, most of the current electronics are now 5 year designs. This seems to be new to many folk but the lower prices we are enjoying is simply longevity was sacrificed on the alter of low prices.
Bob

Collapse -
Re
by Un_Prophete / April 9, 2013 1:32 AM PDT
In reply to: As to the question.

Well, it's just that I never had a problem before, using PS3's or Bluray players, or cable boxes, and about 90 minutes into using the device, my television basically crashed, so it certainly seems to be more than coincidental.

Collapse -
And it's also why
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2013 2:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Re

You can find other incidents where the tv fails after the person changes other boxes and your average Joe/Jane will firmly believe it's the new box. I can't change their minds so I don't try too hard. Sorry if that doesn't help or upsets anyone but the awful truth is that the new tvs are not built to last long.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.