LG

Question

LG wireless adapter, 47LV5500

by Normmm22 / February 17, 2012 4:08 AM PST

I recently purchased a display model LG tv. It had everything except for the wireless adapter. I saved $500 by buying open box, so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal to purchase the adapter separately.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG wireless adapter, 47LV5500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG wireless adapter, 47LV5500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Given the lessons so far. Only LG parts for that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2012 4:20 AM PST

But one could use any wireless bridge and connect the bridge to the ethernet port.

It's a common device and I'm going to defer to the maker and seller for support.
Bob

Collapse -
Wireless issue with LG
by MsMLucas / August 18, 2014 3:53 AM PDT

I also purchase an LG 47LV5500 out of box and did not receive a wireless adaptor. I do have an LG blue ray player with an adaptor and this is how I watch Netflix. At the time I purchased the TV wireless wasn't a want. Now I want to add LG apps so I can stream from my Amazon prime account and cannot seem to do this thru the Blue ray player. Can this wireless adapter work on the TV? Or am I going to have to buy a Roku or other device? I have an LG Network Blue Ray Disc Player BD640.

Collapse -
For Amazon Prime I got their Fire TV.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 18, 2014 4:15 AM PDT
In reply to: Wireless issue with LG

All thumbs up here. Stellar unit.
Bob

Collapse -
Amazon Prime access on LG TV
by MsMLucas / August 18, 2014 6:36 AM PDT

Thank you for the suggestion. I actually did have the LG wireless adaptor, but after several failed attempts to connect to my wifi I gave up. Will check out Fire TV definitely!

Collapse -
Most of these can use a wired connection.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 18, 2014 6:45 AM PDT

As that's a good way to test if the TV can do all this, I test wired and if it works look at something like the Netgear WNCE2001.

HOWEVER LG is pretty spooky about their Smart TV and never did give a good response to
http://bgr.com/2013/11/20/lg-smart-tv-spying/

To me LG's silence on this was all I needed to advise turning off the smart bit.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.