LG

Rant

LG smart tv LM860 annoying bugs

by boazf10 / September 21, 2012 6:43 PM PDT

Hello,

I have this TV for about a month and I have found three annoying bugs:
1. The network frequently get disconnected and I have to go through the entire connection process including providing the long wi-fi password. This is tedious and annoying
2. Picasa shows only up to 401 pictures in an album.
3. Sometimes you tube get stuck and reset to the main menu.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a chance that this will get fixed?

Thanks,
Boaz.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG smart tv LM860 annoying bugs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG smart tv LM860 annoying bugs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Item 2 is well known.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2012 2:41 AM PDT

This is not a PC so there are limits all over. I fixed the first item by using a WiFi bridge instead.

Youtube is what we call a bug-fest. Count yourself lucky it works as google changes the site it only appears to be less compatible with smart tvs.

For now, all these Smart TVs are annoying folk that expected PC like performances.
Bob

Collapse -
55LM860V
by promo7uk / September 23, 2012 12:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Item 2 is well known.

USELESS TV,, HAD THE CHOICE OF SAMSUNG NEW ONE AND THIS WISH I NOT BOTHERED,!!!

SOUND IS CONTSTANTLY OUT OF SINK WITH PICTURE HAVE TO TURN TV OFF AND BACK ON,!
WIFI KEEPS DROPPIN OUT,! THEN REFRESHING WHEN SHARING FROM PC..WAISTE OF MONEY I WOULD TELL PEOPLE TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS,! LG AFTER SALES IS USELESS.!

VERY UN HAPPY WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT AND HAVE ALSO TOLD MY FAMILY TO AVOID,!!

Collapse -
What if you use it as a TV?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 23, 2012 12:58 AM PDT
In reply to: 55LM860V

Better?

Collapse -
This TV is a waste of money.
by dpitchai / September 28, 2012 5:09 AM PDT

I too bought this TV and having following issues:
1. You tube crashes often.
2. Browser crashes often.
3. Videos in browser either won't play or won't play for more than 2 minutes or won't play in full screen mode.
4. TV brightness keeps changing even though I did not keep my setting in energy save mode or intelligent sensor mode.

This TV is a waste of money.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.