LG forum

LG smart TV -FW big problem !!!

by Peterson1238 / February 17, 2012 3:47 AM PST

LG smart TV 3D sets have big problem in its Firmware (I tried cheaper LV models and it was OK) . It lasts some time and representatives do nothing with it!In certain modes the TV ignores picture (AND EVEN POWER SAVING) SETTINGS!!! It lights up full backlight WITH NO POSSIBILITY TO CHANGE it.This crazy behavior is in Applications mode, Teletext mode, Home menu mode and Program Guide mode.I chcekt it on few TV sets (one of them was 47LW570S).Can you imagine that YOU CAN NOT SET the picture on your not cheap TV???When it will be fixed?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG smart TV -FW big problem !!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG smart TV -FW big problem !!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ahh. That old problem.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2012 4:03 AM PST

It's the wild wild west all over again. It will take a bit to explain.

LG and other smart tv makers are providing a PLATFORM for other companies to put apps on the TVs.

What happens next is the consumer complaining that some apps are not offering settings that the consumer wants.

And then the consumer learns a harsh lesson about platforms and apps and how the TV maker is not in control of the apps.

Sound familiar?

Collapse -
Ad LG smart TV FW problem
by Peterson1238 / March 5, 2012 4:07 AM PST
In reply to: Ahh. That old problem.

Dear Bob,

if you read my original post more carefully you will find that this problem is also in case of Teletext mode or Home menu or Program guide. And I think this has nothing to do with other companies developing the applications. It is not about the applications themselves, but just application mode of the TV set will shine on you with full brightness and this absurd situation is also for example when you watch a TV program with subtitles (teletext page 888).

Collapse -
by robert1tech / March 6, 2012 9:20 AM PST

You first post was a wall of nonsense. If you don't intend to use to the language to report a problem or get help you should not expect any sort of reasonable answer.

It sounds like you have altered the settings of your TV either in the settings or smart menu. If it a simple platform problem a reset and reboot or fresh install or update all available from LG should solve it.

Did you try to put black market apps on it (not officially supported?) Also subtitles and the smart feature of a TV are not related they are broadcast from the source.

Collapse -
I agree
by tvmangj / March 6, 2012 10:35 AM PST
In reply to: problem

Don't expect an answer with out taking the time to write clearly and research the problem.

LG customer service website or some official source probably could take care of this quickly and I assume the TV is under warranty. LG can and will most likely offer the best solution.

This sounds like a problem you caused. I am not faulting you many people are not technology savvy.

A little politeness goes a long way though.

Collapse -
lg smart tv related post
by brw_charles / March 8, 2012 6:47 PM PST

I think you should show your TV set to technician , Generally LG smart tv gives very positive response by users. Its app works fantastically,however call some technician.

Collapse -
Sorry but I just demo'd this to a few.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 9, 2012 1:12 AM PST

On boot in the morning you have to do some hoop jumping to get a Picassa slide show running. This model does not auto connect to the network and so we go to the connect page and click connect, then off to Picassa to start the show and it fails, then back and one more time to start the show.

All this will be automated with a Logitech Harmony soon so no need to spend a day on the phone.

Again, just another example of the wild wild west and makers that ship before all the bugs are out. They would never be able to ship if they waited!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.