Android forum

Question

LG optimus M update

by Win7geek / August 3, 2011 4:08 AM PDT

So my optimus updated yesterday its now running 2.2.2 It looks like theres nothing new about the update except the fact that my battery drains faster, it also un rooted my phone and loaded bloatware back on does anybody know any kind of way i can root my phone again because gingerbreak and z4 arent working so far Confused

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG optimus M update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG optimus M update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
About rooting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 3, 2011 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: LG optimus M update

There are forums out there that do nothing but. This CNET forum is great but no rooter's appear to be here.

I find that with each new version, it take a bite out of battery time unless I do things like turn down the effects or something else. At least the bloatware items can be ignored by removing them from my home screens. I ignore them.
Bob

Collapse -
by Win7geek / August 3, 2011 7:45 AM PDT
In reply to: About rooting.

Yeah i know what you mean, but another thing is when i rooted my phone i removed all bloat ware and i had like 20 something apps on my phone then when the update came it put all bloatware back on the phone plus the apps so i had NO room for anything not even a text message, and i need some of the apps on there, thats why i was wondering if any body found out how to root it so i can remove bloatware again Grin

Collapse -
lol
by Rickydajuggalo420 / September 21, 2013 5:57 PM PDT
In reply to: ..

ya but in a CNet® Forum....to ask about rooting...it's just funny...rooting is frowned upon..i do not know why maybe it's b/c the phone is not getting held back by the resrictions the phone companies are putting on them...and apps that you cannot remove..yet it's not illegal..but soon i bet it will, just 2 keep the phone companies happy...just like downloading mp3s is illegal b/c it hurt my record industy....it's just crazy...but by the way did u find a way to do that?? cuz right now i have 2.3.7 and rooted...can i get an update??? phones' running like **** and i never got that update in the beginning..wut do u think i should do..??sorrry it's about 2 years later that i am replying to your message but hope you are still out there...thanks if u are! -Richard

Collapse -
Sorry if I was unclear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2013 1:16 AM PDT
In reply to: lol

I have nothing against rooting but if folk root they often ask or even DEMAND support for the rooted phone. You can imagine what you want about this area but I find the support to be in the forum such as XDA where the root came from.

Bob

Collapse -
i am looking for help, if you can help...
by Rickydajuggalo420 / September 22, 2013 8:51 AM PDT
I am trying to do some kind of update...either a software update..or a complete update or whatever i could do to my phone in order to update it so it will work better...I have a Metro PCS Esteem MS910....I try to download and use the "LG Mobile update" and it will not download and i cannot get it to update the phone...do you have any ideas how i can get that update or what else i can do to the phone to make it work better...or any other way i can download and install the update without using the www.lg.com website??? Thank you for your time..Also...my phone is not rooted...My MS690 Optimus is..and that phone has appplication crashes 24/7 and freezing 24/7 if u no anyway to make that phone better also..& the www.lg.com websie did not work for that phone either...and i do not care if it gets rid of my root as long as the phone stops freezing & stopping the applications from force closing..Any help would b appreciated...just PLEASE do not tell me to go 2 www.lg.com....unless you went in there and physically fixed the site! lol Thank you again!! -Richard Allen
Collapse -
This is Win7geek's post.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 22, 2013 10:21 AM PDT

And you replied very much later and what you posted next appears to be a call for help is an old post that isn't yours.

I'd start your own post with your own topic. I thought I'd clarify the rooting discussion.

If the phone is that bad, why keep it? Doesn't your carrier want your business?
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.