Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Phones

General discussion

LG Dare - Few Questions

by Ickfactor / August 7, 2008 1:58 AM PDT

My Dare should arrive today, but I still have questions. Hopefully a fully experienced Dare user can answer all these questions, but I'll take what I can get.

1. How can I transfer my Tmobile Blackberry calendar and contacts to the Dare? Both phones have bluetooth. Does that make it easier?

2. I read somewhere, I believe the Verizon website that pics can take an hour just to save. Does this have anything to do with the micro-SD card, resolution of pic, or what? Am I going to have to wait to take a new pic and then an additional hour for that one to save?

3. Is Rhapsody my only choice for downloading music from a website?

4. What is on the CD included in the packaging?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG Dare - Few Questions
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG Dare - Few Questions
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Some answers.
by TechnoMan475392 / August 7, 2008 2:21 AM PDT

1. I don't think that blutooth sharing will work. If the BlackBerry supports it, why not try it. If not, try putting the dates on your computer and then putting those on the Dare. If all else fails, do it *cringe manually.

2. The pictures don't take that long to transfer. The only stupid thing that wastes time is the little message like "SAVED TO CARD". This annoying feature can't be turned off.

3. No. The Dare plays AAC and MP3 format (according to the CNET review), so you can play unprotected iTunes music! But other than that the support for music files seems to be limited.

4. I'm not sure about that. My brother has the phone and I asked him all the questions, but he never put the CD in his computer.

Collapse -
Thanks TechnoMan475392
by Ickfactor / August 7, 2008 3:14 AM PDT
In reply to: Some answers.

I appreciate your quick response. I guess there will be a lot I can figure out on my own as I use it. I only have about 25 contacts with addresses, fax number and everything else, so that will be a should only be a short project.

There are lots of reviews out there even on Youtube, and they all sound like marketing hype without going in-depth of all the features as a true user.

Either way, I'm glad to get rid of Tmobile because it wouldn't get coverage inside buildings unless there was a large window nearby.

Now I'm testing the validity of Verizon's claim to have the best coverage. I'm tired of being the only one sitting in a lobby who can't use the cell phone. Lots of people I've talked to have been happy with Verizon, and I have 30 days to test it as opposed the popular 14 days the others offer.

Thanks again. Sorry about my rant, I'm just really frustrated.

Collapse -
Verizon
by TechnoMan475392 / August 7, 2008 3:21 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks TechnoMan475392

I know for a fact VZW has the best service. There is a place near me that nobody has service, but I am the only one one Verizon. I have service there! The Dare isn't the best phone, though. Since you previously had a blackberry, I'm guessing you want a smartphone. Try the Q9c.

Collapse -
So Far So Great
by Ickfactor / August 10, 2008 12:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Verizon

I'm confident about VZW service after all the positive testimonials I've heard or read.

I realized I didn't need a smartphone. The Dare better suites my style and needs. Also, I just love zipping through with the touch screen for easy navigation.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions. I hope others benefit from this thread too.

Collapse -
LG DARE
by mjm0101 / August 18, 2008 2:08 PM PDT

I'm a Verizon user and just got the Samsung i760. I wanted the Dare however, there is no place for addresses and it sounds like you had them on your Blackberry. For Verizon you must go to a smartphone - either the Blackberry, Samsung i760 or xv6800 (if you can still find it, which I can't) or the replacement xv6900. good luck!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.