LG forum

Question

LG 55LW6500......owners.

by Studio-B / June 9, 2011 7:23 AM PDT

Hi folks,

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG 55LW6500......owners.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG 55LW6500......owners.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
no experience..
by punck_01 / June 19, 2011 3:17 PM PDT

I've no experience of LG55LW6500 till now....but truly saying, experience of LG's 3d tv model is of no use.
I can't trust on LG they always lie....!!

Collapse -
Answer
It's good enough
by 2naaz3 / June 20, 2011 7:47 PM PDT

Last weak i went to Lg showroom, and i had demo over there of LG Cinema 3D TV.
Didn't have the enough experience but yeah what i've observe was all good!!!

Collapse -
Answer
I have LG 55LW6500...
by johnnrd / July 13, 2011 7:39 PM PDT

I have had a 55" LW6500 at home for about two months now and so far I am satisfied with it. Personally, I don't like it's design because it looks boring and bit too big for me, but my wife says it looks classic. Well, everybody has different tastes so I don't know what you would say.

Overall, however, I think LW6500 is a good TV for its price. What I like about this TV the most is it's glasses and the remote. LG gives you 4 pairs of glasses and two remotes for free with its TV. This wand-like remote acts like mouse on computer and you can move around so easily and selecting the buttons is easy. It is not like pressing arrow buttons hundreds times to type in your name or to navigate the apps. Very smart. Good job LG Happy

Also, I liked its glasses. First because I don't have to worry about breaking them because they are so cheap to replace. Second it doesn't flicker so my eyes feel easy and comfortable, unlike other types of 3D TV that I have tried. Lastly because it is lightweight and I don't have to worry about charging them every time after I use. It is more work than you think and I know this because my friend has one of those TV sets that needs its glasses to be charged.

My experience with this TV has hit the spot and I would definitely recommend this TV to others.

Collapse -
Answer
LG 3DTV
by hereisjenna / July 21, 2011 7:56 PM PDT

I found the LG 3DTV quite satisfactory.. I especially liked the neat, clear difference in distance, which I consider most important in 3D. You can tell that the characters are brought forward while the background is behind. The screen is also brighter than other brands so it helps prevent eyes hurting and such. The glasses are also much lighter and don't require battery, which is a great plus. You get four pairs with the TV set and can easily buy more or replace broken ones since it's pretty cheap. All in all, I was pleased with my LG... good 3D at a reasonable price Happy

Collapse -
Answer
Satisfied
by cole_K / July 25, 2011 7:09 PM PDT

I am satisfied with my LW6500. The screen is brighter as hereisjenna mentioned above and the colors are definitely more vivid compared to other 3D TVs. I've never experienced blurry images with my LG Cinema 3D. My favorite feature of LG Cinema 3D is its conversion feature. You can watch any 2D images in 3D mode because LG Cinema 3D automatically converts the 2D images into 3D once you turn on the option. This is super useful when you want to watch old, classic action movies or horror movies.

Collapse -
Answer
55LW6500
by bockeric63 / August 8, 2011 6:28 PM PDT

I own a LG Cinema 3D 55LW6500 and I absolutely love it.
I've written a post on it so i'll save the review but I will give you my personal likes and dislikes.
Unlike with the active 3D tvs that produce images by sending signals to the glasses, I can lie down on my side and still watch movies/play games with superior image quality.
-Battery free 3D glasses
I can be playing games for several hours everyday and I never have to charge the glasses. It would be so much hassle to charge them after every use.
- No flickers or crosstalks so I never get eyestrains.
- I can watch any 2D content in 3D mode

Dislikes:
- The appearance kinda look cheap. I mean, it's not as fancy as I'd like it to be.
Other than that, I have no complaints.

Hope that helped.

Collapse -
Answer
LG 55LW6500 - FIRST TAKE
by stormtigers / October 30, 2011 6:27 AM PDT

Okay well we just got ours.
More functions than I expected there to be and not always intuitive - hidden menus etc.
I am a glance through the book and off I go type of person which sometimes can work against me.
Some features not fully described in the manual that came with it but availabe in a fuller manual online.
Weird decision. Manual is generic i.e cover all 3d models so you have to work through what is appropriate for your model.

Collapse -
Answer
LG 55LW6500......owners
by bpkingcobra / December 4, 2011 11:45 PM PST

I've had my LG TV now for about two months. I have to say that I was very impressed with
the picture quality and 3D feature straight out of the box. Now for the CONS.

I found out that when using the Internet and
going to certain websites that require Flash, will not let you view the media - The TV will not update and therefore you cannot
view any media requiring the new Flash.
I contacted LG and they stated in writing that they are aware of the 'problem'
but there is no future update to correct this.

That is really bad - so now I have a TV with internet capability but because
certain websites like YouTube, require the new Flash update I'm unable to see it. LG refuses to release a
firmware update to correct.

I decided to get my TV professionally calibrated
through BestBuy. Although I wasn't home at
the time when the tech arrived and did his work, I found that my newly
calibrated TV seemed worse. Some of the
picture quality seemed grainy and there is more motion blur that I didn't
experience when I first took it out of the box.
Now I did wait well over a 100 hours prior to having it calibrated as recommended and
the TV programs I watched prior to the Calibration didn't show any blur before
but now do after the calibration.

Seems
to me that the built in calibration program in the TV is much better than
having it done professionally.

These are the only two problems I found with the TV.

Everything else is great!

Collapse -
Power Problem
by jeff4001 / January 7, 2012 10:28 AM PST

Hi,
My 55LW6500 is 5 Mounths old and been trouble free till now.
The thing will not turn on?
Anyone else heard of this problem
JD

Collapse -
Left and right side light
by amomney / March 19, 2012 10:13 PM PDT

Do you guys notice a lot of light bleeding into the screen from the left and right sides?

Collapse -
Answer
Great pic, horrible delay
by kbulls55lg / March 24, 2012 1:48 PM PDT

I've had this tv for a month now. I feel I've calibrated the setting for each of my inputs to really great clarity.
Each input retains its setting separately. 3D also looks great. No complaint.

The down side is this tv's delay, and lack of an audio output using that delayed synced audio.

If you're a gamer, I'd streer away from this TV. I am a modest gamer, but any game requiring quick reactions is not going to be enjoyable. There is approx a .5 sec delay. Driving games, shooter games, that's a NO GO.
And that IS in GAME MODE. Read something about labeling it as PC, but that does not resolve delay.
Or getting a RGB conversion cable for Xbox. Not worth it to me.

Same thing goes for the audio. Headphone OUT is the only output beside optical audio out that can be sent to your stereo. My older Pioneer surround receiver doesn';t have optical in, only optical out.
And if you use the second audio output from my cable box to the stereo, its .5 sec ahead of the TV's internal speakers.

Collapse -
new owner of LG 55LW6500
by bmacavanza / March 25, 2012 10:16 PM PDT

Hi

I have a Sony Home Theater DZ340K and I can't use the speakers while watching TV. DVD use is okay. Could some one tell me how to configure this?

Cheers

Collapse -
Tv sound
by Brisvegan2012 / April 28, 2012 3:37 PM PDT

Hi - you need to connect the digital output from the tv to the digital input on the home theatre.

hope this helps Happy

Collapse -
Answer
The manufacturing quality of this TV is poor
by AaronMStone / January 6, 2014 1:30 AM PST

I have one of these and it broke under normal use conditions right after the 1 year warranty ran out.
Repairman says it is the panel itself which is bad.
Not economical to fix. In addition the kits to fix it are hard to come by.

LG has horrible customer service on top of that and refused to help in any way.
I paid over $1800 for this TV and now have a brick.

It's hard to believe LG would allow this to happen but they are a horrible company. I will not buy from them anymore and will continue to say so in any forum I see that advertised LG products.

Buyer beware!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.