HDTV Picture Setting forum

General discussion

LG 55LW6500 Calibration Setting

by charlesf718 / October 5, 2011 1:28 AM PDT

I used this site for my Sony XBR9 setting and you guys did an AMAZING job!!! I got a new LG LW6500 and it seems no matter what i do, I cant get the quality I want. Can someone please help with calibration setting? Thanks!!!!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG 55LW6500 Calibration Setting
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG 55LW6500 Calibration Setting
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I tried the pic settings for LW5600..
by Boboflion / October 12, 2011 2:42 PM PDT

After I bought a 47LW6500, I tried the Cnet pic settings for LW5600 because Cnet said the systems were almost identical and to do so. However, the setting was 95% complete because the screen options were not the same. The picture was worse than the vivid setting. I went to tweak my tv.com but they did not have my model or anything in the same family. Does anyone have any suggestions for pic settings for the LG LW6500 series?

Collapse -
Calibration to come!
by amomney / February 25, 2012 10:57 PM PST

Hey im going to be picking up my LG 55LW6500 in two weeks. Also i have my Spyder 4 Elite on the way (on order/in the mail). As soon as i get my 6500 calibrated and running well i will post here with my Calibration findings.
Please be patient for i've only used a spyder 1 in the past. But i will get the settings up ASAP!

In approx 4 weeks, please message back to this post as a reminder to light a fire under my *** to get going at it hahaha!

Collapse -
Any luck?
by jayfire2620 / November 8, 2011 9:31 AM PST

Any luck yet? I just got the same TV and I'm trying to find the same info.

Collapse -
47LW6500 calibration
by gemini_woman / November 15, 2011 1:27 AM PST
In reply to: Any luck?

I can't find anything either...Let me know if you found something. I also did the settings as above and the same.

Collapse -
i got some stuff
by charlesf718 / November 15, 2011 4:16 AM PST
In reply to: 47LW6500 calibration
Collapse -
LG 47LW6500
by geezor / January 25, 2012 10:17 PM PST
In reply to: 47LW6500 calibration

I am also looking for proper calibration to the 47LW6500

Collapse -
by isiolo_00 / December 4, 2011 8:39 AM PST

Were you able to find help for the calibration. I also have the same problem. Thank you.

Collapse -
me too!!
by razorblade17 / January 4, 2012 5:49 AM PST

neither can I --

Collapse -
Re: LG 55LW6500 Calibration Settings
by shagvid12 / February 13, 2012 12:36 PM PST
In reply to: me too!!
Collapse -
Great picture!!
by razorblade17 / February 26, 2012 5:47 AM PST
In reply to: me too!!

It took me a couple of hours! but I finally have hit the SWEET spot!!! Beautiful Picture!! Amazing depth and clarity!!

Colors and 3-D are UNREAL-- Great set!! thanks LG!! Getting ready to purchase a 60" LG PLasma for my upatairs Theater!!

Very dark room!! Plasma should be perfect!! Will be LG again!! Hard to beat these sets!! Thanks again!!

Collapse -
by Ophiophagus86 / March 7, 2012 11:27 PM PST
In reply to: Great picture!!

Hey razorblade17 - I just got this tv too. What are your settings? Thanks!

Collapse -
Here goes!!
by razorblade17 / March 8, 2012 7:25 AM PST
In reply to: Settings?

Here goes!! Good luck!!

Pic. mode-- std.
Contrast-- 82

Dynamic contrast--- med
Dynamic color---------low
Clear white-------------off
Skin color----------------0
Noise reduction--------Low
Super Reso- ------------on
MPEG-noise reduction---low
Black level------------------low
Color Gamut-------------- wide
Eye care-------------------low
Real Cinema---------------on

This is as far as I got!! I love this TV!! Been a Sony Fan; but LG is for real!!
would compare this set with any I have seen. Even would give the old "Kuro" a run for the money!! and
just a little bit cheaper!! ha!! My friends and family are amazed at the Picture-- 3D-is "unreal"" My wife says it seems like you are THERE!!

Good Luck!! Enjoy!! Ray

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.