LG

Question

LG 55LM7600 No sound with smart TV Apps

by esterud2000 / January 29, 2013 2:17 AM PST

I recently purchased and connected my LG TV (55LM7600) to my Denon AVR 1913 receiver, a Verizon FIOS TV HD DVR satellite box (by Motorola), and surround sound speakers (Energy Take Classic 5.1). I used HDMI cables to connect the TV and DVR to the receiver. I am using the wireless internet menu on my Smart TV application list to access Netflix, Youtube, etc.

When previewing these app's, I only get sound through the LG TV's speakers, yet I can still hear the television program I am watching off of my FIOS DVR through the surround sound. The audio stays with the show I am watching on TV but the video/what is showing on my TV is the applications.

I get sound through my surround sound the speakers when I watch TV or a DVD but not when I access the Smart Apps. Do I need to use a digital optical audio cable to fix the problem, if so why can't everything be ran through my HDMI cables. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG 55LM7600 No sound with smart TV Apps
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG 55LM7600 No sound with smart TV Apps
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Yup.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 29, 2013 11:16 AM PST

You will see the same complaint over in the Samsung forum. The maker blames the app authors. This is new ground for consumers where a TV has apps like Windows. You don't complain to Dell if an app fails (most of the time.)

In this case if LG can't fix it I strongly suggest you return the product.
Bob

Collapse -
LG 55LM7600
by esterud2000 / January 29, 2013 8:31 PM PST
In reply to: Yup.

Thanks for the information, I went ahead and ordered an digital optical audio cable from my favorite online store (monoprice) shortly after I posted this yesterday. When the cable comes in I am going to try it out and hopefully it will fix the issue. Once installed I will post if it worked or not. Other than that issue, it is a great TV and I would hate to have to return it and start the search for new TV all over again.

Collapse -
Fix
by esterud2000 / February 11, 2013 1:56 AM PST
In reply to: Yup.

I received my digital optical audio cable from Monoprice, connected it up and everything works great now. I actually found out what the issue was (I could probably get away with one HDMI cable running everything). When I was watching cable and switched to my applications (to watch netflix, etc.) the reason I was still hearing the cable box sounds is because I never switched my receiver over to TV input. I had kept it on cable box input. I may be a little slow trying to learn my new devices, but I figured it out, and everything works great now. Thanks for your response, hopefully this helps someone out in the future.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.