LG forum

General discussion

LG 42LM671s - problems when streaming video with DLNA

by bobich1 / January 15, 2013 2:03 AM PST

Hello chaps,

I have the following problems with my smart TV. When i start a DLNA server (i have tried with many) on my laptop and then from the TV i start some video film it runs fine for couple of seconds and then stuck on loading for a while and then run normal. And this repeats until the end of the film. It is really annoying. At first my router was without N standard.Now i have a new one which supports the N standard but it is the same.
Do somebody used to experience such problem and what is the solution.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LG 42LM671s - problems when streaming video with DLNA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LG 42LM671s - problems when streaming video with DLNA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Widely discussed but
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2013 2:19 AM PST

You need to get it all wired for a test run to see if it's the bandwidth or the encoding issue. The solution is unacceptable to most so I won't write it here.
Bob

Collapse -
LG 42LM671s - problems when streaming video with DLNA
by bobich1 / January 16, 2013 4:13 AM PST
In reply to: Widely discussed but

Hello,

I have wired TV with my computer and voila..it is working without problems...Then checked again to play DLNA wireless and the video still stuck on loading...

Collapse -
There is that issue with WiFi and routers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 2:50 AM PST

See page 43.
"Your modem router has a firewall that blocks unauthorized access to your wireless network and permits authorized inbound and outbound communications. Authorized communications are established according to inbound and outbound rules. The firewall has the following two default rules. You can create custom rules to further restrict the outbound communications or more widely open the inbound communications:
• Inbound. Block all access from outside except responses to requests from the LAN side.
• Outbound. Allow all access from the LAN side to the outside"

Notice how an inbound access from WiFi is blocked? You'll want to change that.
Page 44 (using the page counter in the PDF viewer) shows the default is BLOCK ALWAYS.

Again, firewalls like this are a cause for many of these issues. Your choice to allow communication.

Sorry but I can't guess your setup but getting wired may have you checking your router firewall.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.