TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Lg 3 D Final Decision-Help Me Please

by reverersbest / February 21, 2012 2:27 PM PST

I have investigated thoroughly all criteria concerning this manufacture's descriptions , but I am still confused about the best to buy. Money fluctuates from seller to seller, and claims, seem to be in the same description as to bells and whistles. Any in-site into these 2011 and 2012 models?
All are supposed to be Passive/ LCD / LED. Smart TV and with TruMotion, Cinema 3D (w/2D to 3D Conversion), edge LED backlight with local dimming , Remote wand. Help...

LG 47LD950C 47" 3D LCD HDTV 1080p 240Hz

LG Infinia 47LW6500 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240 Hz
LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV
Cinema 3D

LG 47LM6200 47" Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV

LG 47LM6700 47" Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV

LG 47LM7600 47" Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV ?

LG Infinia 47LW9800 55? 3D 480Hz LED HDTV (new 2012)

LG 47LX9500 - local dimming backlight, 480hz refresh
rate, and a slimmer bezel

Thanks All.
Rick

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lg 3 D Final Decision-Help Me Please
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lg 3 D Final Decision-Help Me Please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Are you in the UK?
by robert1tech / February 22, 2012 1:40 PM PST

Thinking of 3 is all your need

LW5600 - edge lit(standard) Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV 42" and 47" and 55" $1000 or so on sale
LW6500 - full array(better) Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV 47" and 55" and 65" $1300-1600 on sale
LW9800 - full array(best) Class Full HD 1080p LED LCD Cinema 3D Smart TV 47" and 55" and 65" no sale 2k+

Any are good if your considering the 5600 i would spend the little extra and get the 6500 55" looks great.

Hope it helps.

Collapse -
Answer
you should wait
by JimmyFukyushu / February 23, 2012 12:10 PM PST

Out of the list you mentioned, I would say the 47 LW6500 is the best model. Even though the LW9800 is the flagship models, there have been too many complaints with its performance vs price disputes especially considering the number of zones its full array local dimming has. 47 inches is a good choice since I believe its the sweet spot in terms of size for the passive 3D TV line ups in 2011.

The LM series you mentioned aren't released yet however I would recommend waiting. The LM7600 is going to be released in March. It will also have the new google smart TV platform on android OS that will be much faster.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1395050 heres a list with all the release dates for the LG 2012 TVs except for the LG OLED TV.

Collapse -
Comfortable 3D TV
by kellywilliams0448 / March 6, 2012 10:44 AM PST
In reply to: you should wait

It is obvious that the entire consumer electronics industry seems to have settled on a single implementation of 3D TV, either focusing on active shutter glasses or the passive glasses used in cinema 3D TV sets. In my opinion, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony and LG are doing pretty well even though with regards to technology, LG 3D glasses look more comfortable for its battery free system and affordability.

Collapse -
Active
by tvmangj / March 6, 2012 10:54 AM PST
In reply to: Comfortable 3D TV

Sony lost a ton of money on TVs... Samsungs active are selling well under expectations...

Active already lost in movie theaters.

Vizo is selling a ton of passive sets on the low end and LG on the high end.

Honestly I can't see active being around in 3-5 years Passive is getting better and better people don't want to spend so much on stupid heavy battery powered glasses.

Collapse -
Adding value to 3D glasses
by mcclaudjohn / March 6, 2012 12:00 PM PST
In reply to: Active

Studies have shown that many people have discovered with dismay that the need to wear 3D glasses is one of the major barriers to the mass acceptance of 3D TV as a truly wide spread entertainment medium. Based on proportion, many sites are considering the problem of 3D glasses to have been resolved by LG Electronics. That is to say, LG has been able to add value on the problem of decrease in picture quality and it has also decrease the price of the original polarized 3D tech. However, my personal opinion is that Samsung, Sony and Panasonic are equally doing great in their 3D techs.

Collapse -
3D glasses with family?
by maryjones1971 / March 6, 2012 12:06 PM PST

My own point of view is that 3D glasses are uncomfortable for some, and therefore the need to wear 3D glasses will mean that you'll need multiple pairs when you're watching with friends or family. In that case, are you saying that the solution to this issue has equally being resolved by LG Electronics?

Collapse -
well it works
by JimmyFukyushu / March 7, 2012 10:38 AM PST

I found active 3D glasses to be just as comfortable as any passive pair. Especially the 2nd and 3rd generation pairs + the xbands are designed to counter passive glasses advantage in comfort over 1st gen active pairs.

Occasional flickering and not being able to wear active 3D glasses outside would probably be the biggest nuisance IMO.

Collapse -
Best 3D TV
by mcclaudjohn / March 7, 2012 4:10 PM PST

Hey please don't misquote me. You sound as if am working with LG. Hell no! I'm just making a contribution from what I've read from other sources. Patterning to your question, I guess for those who aren't allergic to google, I think LG's 3D glasses are lighter compared to that of other TV industries and like I said the LG 3D glasses are equally less expensive.

Collapse -
LG 3D TV
by thomasanderson11133 / March 7, 2012 5:07 PM PST
In reply to: Best 3D TV

One important thing I have noticed with LG Smart TV is that it has large icons at the bottom when displayed, thus, making it simple to understand and control. Unlike for Samsung Smart TV which is good for its complex QWERTY control, I equally think Sony BRAVIA is good for its numerous apps as well.

Collapse -
Answer
lg 3d tv
by raekwonsteven / March 8, 2012 6:16 PM PST

LG's 3D TVs are basically good in terms of comfortable 3D experience.However these days LG is emphasizing for better user interface. Although all 3D TVs are good in their places but LG's passive technology is dedicated to comfortable 3D viewing.

Collapse -
Answer
Passive 3d.....
by mart_rck / March 11, 2012 6:56 PM PDT

The very first thing comes in mind for 3d is 'glasses', if u watching your programs in 3d then equally it's very important to consider the 3d glasses whether they are active or passive one??? Active glasses are heavy one can't handle it for long time. So now as passive glasses are already there you must go for it. From the above mentioned options I would recommend LG 47LM6700 Full HD 1080p LED Cinema Smart 3D TV. This model meets all your requirements and better if you don't purchase it online, go to any nearby electronics shop & then finalize it.
<div>
</div>

Collapse -
Answer
active glasses
by pinkzroxor / May 1, 2012 4:43 PM PDT

not being able to wear the active glasses outside is definitely not the biggest nuisance. In fact, I don't think it's something meant to be worn outside ?? For me, the fact that you have to charge the thing everytime you watch a movie kinda pisses me off.. And after a long time of usage the battery won't be as strong so it won't even last through 1 movie..

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.