Car Tech forum

General discussion

Lexus rx 330 or nissan pathfinder

by tattimann / January 29, 2006 10:27 AM PST

Please tell me which one is better nissan pathfinder or lexus rx330- which one is better for a family and technology

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lexus rx 330 or nissan pathfinder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lexus rx 330 or nissan pathfinder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I tend to avoid the Lexus type vehicles
by joehawk1 / January 29, 2006 1:14 PM PST

Because the labor and parts for these luxury vehicles will cost a great deal more then just the high cost of purchasing them. I had a friend who bought a used Lexus, at a great deal, but ended up selling it because of the much higher cost of labor on it as well as the inflated part prices. However if you plan on trading the vehicle in every 3 years, the Lexus really is a nice vehicle. I have another friend who bought two of these [one for his wife] and loves them. He has the money to trade them in before they start needing repairs, and he doesn't mind the big hit he takes trading in every few years.

Collapse -
Really depends on what you need
by Dan Filice / June 19, 2010 4:21 AM PDT

It really depends on what your priorities are. Each of these cars, even though they are SUV's, are almost totally different. The Lexus is really geared to those who want a luxury feel to their vehicle. Yes, the parts cost more for repairs, but the trade-off is a more comfortable ride and more tech items. My son currently owns a Nissan and in general it's a good car, but in no way does it come close to the luxury feel of a Lexus. My good friend owns the Lexus you are considering so I have some personal comparisons. The Nissan is like a utility vehicle. Lots of plastic, more rattles and a harsher ride. But these factors may be perfectly fine depending on what you need. I owned a 1990 4-Runner for many years and it was like a tank, but that fit my needs perfectly. As far as reliability, I'd say your choices are fairly even, although my son's Nissan has had many problems with the electronic throttle control, and this seems to be a common Nissan problem since they have issued a recall notice to many Nissan owners.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.