Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Lexmark X75 All-In-One Printer install for Windows Vista

by Jobou005 / November 12, 2007 11:37 PM PST

I purchase a new Dell computer system with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit edition. After installing a Lexmark X 75 All-In-One printer with the CD, provide by the manufacturer, the system is unable to find the printer. When trying to print something I get a error message "error 0x00000006"- the scanner also does not work. The spooler does not seem to be working properly. Can you provide me with information on any new required print drivers or verify all required configurations. This printer works fine with all my previous systems and previous OS windows XP and Windows 95 but not on my new Dell system loaded with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I would appreciate any help in resolving this matter (Urgent).

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lexmark X75 All-In-One Printer install for Windows Vista
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lexmark X75 All-In-One Printer install for Windows Vista
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Looks grim.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 13, 2007 1:59 AM PST
Collapse -
X75 discontinued
by anmor / November 13, 2007 8:41 AM PST
In reply to: Looks grim.

I'm afraid you need a new printer that is Vista compatible.

Collapse -
my contact with lexmark -on 8/13/09
by broha2009 / August 13, 2009 8:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Looks grim.

Customer Support Chat

Your Name:

History:
Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Brenda Harris] I have a vista system and I tried to install the lexmark 7300 series all in one software. Only the print driver was installed. The all in one center did not install. Why? Is there a fix for this?
[Brenda Harris] Where can i get a copy
[JP] Welcome to Lexmark Chat Support. My name is JP.
[JP] I will be glad to assist you with this matter.
[JP] Here is you reference number: 7439922122389503415.
[Brenda Harris] ok
[JP] Please let me know the printer model number printed on the top of the printer front panel (Example : X1270).

[Brenda Harris] How much experience do you needX7350
[Brenda Harris] x7350
[JP] Sorry for that.
[Brenda Harris] ok
[JP] Is this regarding scanning that is why you need the All in one center?
[Brenda Harris] the all in one center does not install plus does not scan because the center is not installed.
[JP] Let's try to scan using other programs. Please click on the start button then please type in the Start search box, Paint.
[Brenda Harris] ok
[Brenda Harris] opened
[JP] Then please click on File and choose From Scanners or Cameras.
[JP] Please try to scan a document now.
[Brenda Harris] Thatsub menu is deactivated
[Brenda Harris] grayed out
[JP] I see. Will it be okay if we do remote access?
[Brenda Harris] ok
[JP] Please provide me the following details:
Full Name:
Phone Number:
Email Address:
[Brenda Harris] Brenda Harris
[Brenda Harris] 7188815097
[Brenda Harris] 4360 bAYCHESTER AVE BRONX, NY 10466
[JP] Please click on this link: http://support.lexmark.com/share/ and read the agreement first while I generate the pin code for you.
[Brenda Harris] BROHA2005@0OPTONLINE.NET
[JP] Thanks.
[Brenda Harris] i NEED A CODE OR PIN TO GO FORWARD.
[JP] Here is the pin: 382952.
[Brenda Harris] OK
[Brenda Harris] DONE
[JP] Session ID: 37723383.
[Brenda Harris] what that?
[Brenda Harris] why don't I see you?
[JP] May I take over now?
[Brenda Harris] ok
[JP] Thanks.
[JP] Is there a document on the scanner glass?
[Brenda Harris] just put a lottery ticket on it.
[JP] Thanks. I will try to scan it.
[JP] I believe we can right?
[Brenda Harris] it seems to scan. But what about the all in one center?
[Brenda Harris] I want to scan from the scanner to an application
[Brenda Harris] Like from the scanner do some editing in word, then print it out.
[JP] I see. Do you still have the disk that came with the printer?
[Brenda Harris] yes
[Brenda Harris] i put it in the drive
[JP] Please do.
[JP] What I'm doing right now is installing a another copy of the printer to check if the All in one center will be installed.'
[Brenda Harris] ok
[Brenda Harris] ok its there
[Brenda Harris] thanks
[Brenda Harris] what was the problem
[JP] You're welcome.
[JP] What I can see here is that the installation was not completed before that is why the All in one center was not installed.
[JP] Will there be anything else?
[Brenda Harris] no will try to scan to word to complete my requirements . thanks for your help
[JP] Thank you for using Lexmark Chat Support. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance. And please complete the chat survey by clicking on the "End" button, with overall 5 being the Best, as this will help us to serve you better.

all software was installed.

Collapse -
compatability of LEXMARK 75 printer with Windows Vista
by jcenters / January 10, 2008 2:50 AM PST

I installed this copier, without cheching for compatability. The copier will scan and put on computer screen, but won't copy.

Collapse -
Time for a new printer
by WheelerCub / January 10, 2008 5:47 AM PST

I did some research on this problem with my own Lexmark Z55 printer and was a little pissed off at the final answer. After reading numberous articles and speaking with the Lexmark support staff, they have elected to *not* make Vista drivers for many of their old printers. They suggested that I try looking at the Vista compatible versions available on their home page and when I told them that this is an unacceptable way to do business, they offered me a 20% discount for buying printer models on their home page. Not very professional IMHO...

Collapse -
Vista compatible Lexmarks don't even work
by shaner7575 / January 12, 2008 5:21 AM PST
In reply to: Time for a new printer

I "supposedly" bought a vista compatible printer: lexmark x1270 in July, at the time of my new computer purchase, and to this day I still cannot use the printer. I have networked with my son's printer in order to print, and am still talking to Lexmark techs. I am not going to let them "rest" till they either "admit" their printers are not vista compatible, or replace the pos I have for one that is suppose to work. I feel if you buy something that claims to be compatible it should be. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and test printed so many times my ink cartridges are dry. The techs have even taken over my computer to see that I have done everything correctly and that the correct driver is installed. They even sent out a CD with vista drivers on it; odd though; it had the same part number on it that the original one that came with the printer had. I still did the duty and installed it; called them and that's when they took over my computer to see what the problem could be. I have 2gigs of ram on this computer, with very little programs and they are now trying to say I don't have enough memory, and to contact hp, which I did and they say it's Lexmarks problem. I even installed an old hp printer from my still alive windows 98SE; a deskjet 3915 and it printed like a charm.
Vista automatically recognized the driver and no software was needed. I need my hp printer on my old computer, that's why I purchased the Lexmark for this new one.
Anyway, I'm still waiting for a follow-up call from 1-10-08. I'm not going to give up till they make it right. I have always been a Lexmark fan having owned a x83 till it died, and have an x6170 on my son's xp, which I am using through network. The hp I have replaced the x83 for the old windows 98SE. I even tried downloading a vista compatible driver for the x6170 to hook up to this computer, and it acted the very same way the x1270 does: extremely slow printing. That's when you come to the conclusion that the drivers they claim are vista compatible are not.
Sorry to ramble, but this is getting old...
Can't wait to hear what the Lexmark supervisor of the supervisor, of the supervisor has to say. I think I know all the call techs and most of the supervisors by now. Just hope they make it right.
I will update as to what is told to me.

Collapse -
re: Vista compatible Lexmarks don't even work
by Rhan82 / February 25, 2008 3:57 AM PST

After installing the Vista drivers, I finally got my Lexmark to work by attaching a USB hub to it. I didn't really need the hub, but the Lexmark knowledge base said it was necessary.

Collapse -
Update: Lexmark finally replaced printer!
by shaner7575 / February 28, 2008 11:28 AM PST

I guess they got tired of my phone calls, and walking me through the same exact steps the previous tech had walked me through, for the past 7 months! I also got an "upgrade" since I convinced them that the x1270 was not compatible with my Vista Home Premium. I now own the x2500, which prints once I hit the print button; like it's suppose to, and not 5 minutes later,like the x1270 did. The installation was flawless, and all the features work properly! So now I am a happy camper, and my son is even happier since I'm no longer networked to his. I guess persistence pays off! I was afraid my warranty was going to run out before they did anything, but thankfully they finally listened and lived up to their warranty, and replaced the printer. So many times I was tempted just to go out and buy a new one, but I was afraid I'd wind up with another "pos".

Collapse -
lexmark rarely works on xp also
by alice_b0wie / February 27, 2008 5:43 AM PST

lexmark printers are known for error:1200, meaning they're garbage...

Collapse -
installation of lexmark x75 without cd
by frankjcooper / December 16, 2008 10:06 AM PST

please give instructions on download

Collapse -
lexmark x75
by davesab / March 13, 2009 1:54 AM PDT

i can't get my printer to work on windows vista

Collapse -
LEXMARK X74-X75 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER INSTALL FOR WINDOWS VISTA
by dreamhouse07 / November 20, 2009 4:48 AM PST

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL AN X74-X75 ALL ONE PRINTER SCANNER COPER TO MY COMPUTER IT HAS VISTA THE SCANNER PART WORKS BUT I CAN NOT GET THE PRINTER TO WORK THE CD THAT CAME WITH IT DOES NOTHING . THIS PRINTER WAS BOUGHT BY AUNT FROM HOME SHOPPING IN 2002 AND NVER USED STILL IN THE BOX.

Collapse -
Just checking.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 20, 2009 5:21 AM PST
Collapse -
Lexmark X75 printer works on vista
by RaistliniltsiaR / November 22, 2009 4:53 AM PST

Been working on this issue for a while... Finally got it more or less figured out.

Download the XP driver on your vista computer. Install it(in compatibility mode, if necessary). Go to printers, double click on your printer, then let it sit for a moment. Vista should think for a moment, then the top of your window should show a message like "Driver needs updating". Then, click on "Printer" in the upper left, and click on the "update driver" button in the drop down menu. After vista completes this, you may print!
Hope this helps - it worked for me. If not, send a reply and I'll try to walk you through it.

Collapse -
X75
by chrislot / January 6, 2010 3:37 PM PST

Raistlin, is this referring to the X75, you were able to get it to work in Vista?

I have tried everything and still can't make it work. When I try to install the XP driver, it starts but then before the driver can finish installation, it is closed abruptly with no error message. Please help if you can.
Thanks

Collapse -
Same problem, no luck
by SGreen2010 / April 4, 2010 3:59 PM PDT
In reply to: X75

I have had the same problem, and so far no luck.

Collapse -
Walk Me Through Please
by SGreen2010 / April 4, 2010 4:02 PM PDT

I am another victim. Please walk me through the process.

Collapse -
Help
by sassyinsilver / May 13, 2010 2:46 AM PDT

I saw your post on here about Lexmark X75 printer working on VISTA. Can you walk me through the steps. I searched for Xp drivers, but want to make sure I get the right one....I just need my printer working with Vista ASAP
thanks!

Collapse -
Lexmark X75 download website with detailed related links.
by KenFougere / May 14, 2010 9:56 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.