HP

Question

Lexmark won't go away.

by SeniorEd / June 4, 2013 6:52 AM PDT
Okay, I'm running Windows 7 with an Hp Pavilion Slimline. When I first bought it I attempted to connect to my Lexmark printer which didn't work. I uninstalled all components of the Lexmark software. I keep getting an error on my incident report. "Windows could not load print processor Lexmark 3600-46-- Series Print Processor because EnumDatatypes failed. Error code 126. Module lxdxdrpp.dll. Please obtain and intall a new version of the driver from the manufacturer (if available), or choose an alternate driver that works with this print device."

Question is: What do I have to do to stop HP continual error when the printer is not there. It is not listed on my printer lists and I can not find any Lexmark components in my system? Help!!!
<div>

</div>
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lexmark won't go away.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lexmark won't go away.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Have you ......
by birdmantd Forum moderator / June 26, 2013 5:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Lexmark won't go away.

.....tried a file search on the computer for "Lexmark" ?? Might be some legacy files still installed. Does the printer show up when you open "Printers" in the control panel? Have you tried using a registry cleaner on the computer?

Collapse -
Registry cleaner.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / June 26, 2013 5:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Have you ......

Don't use a " registry cleaner " they're reknowned for causing more harm than good. " Cleaning " the registry is not needed.

Dafydd.

Collapse -
Lexmark Won't Go Away
by SeniorEd / June 27, 2013 7:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Registry cleaner.

I was hesitant to use one for that reason. I can use a tech service but, just hoping to save the money. Okay, what is your suggestion then? I have gone to Microsoft help function contained within my error reporting system without results. I have searched programs & features without results. I have looked in the control panel without results. I need to know what command to give the little black box to make "dinky" stop looking for a Lexmark.

Collapse -
Lexmark Won't Go Away
by SeniorEd / June 27, 2013 10:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Registry cleaner.

Well, I looked at registry cleaners and since they all were about the same, I purchased one ran it then, rebooted. Windows 7 is still trying to load the nonexistent Lexmark. Oh, well. I had hoped that would work.

Collapse -
Lexmark won't go away.
by SeniorEd / June 27, 2013 7:26 AM PDT
No, it doesn't show up when I looked at Printers in the control panel. That is one of the first things I did. I can't understand why Windows 7 is still looking for the printer when all components are gone. I haven't tried a registry cleaner on the computer but, it is obvious my system is corrupted in some way.
Collapse -
Legacy files
by SeniorEd / June 27, 2013 7:49 AM PDT

Legacy files. Well, I couldn't remember what they were called (senior moment) but that sounds like what is happening. I know some of the anti-virus programs have that problem. Will a registry cleaner get rid of it? Windows is working okay. It doesn't seem to be as fast.

Collapse -
Legacy files.
by Dafydd Forum moderator / June 27, 2013 8:19 AM PDT
In reply to: Legacy files

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you try
by itsdigger / June 27, 2013 10:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Lexmark won't go away.

a file search as birdmantd suggested? I had the same issue when I uninstalled an Epson printer and did it with Revo uninstaller. I did a file search and just typed in Epson and found files and deleted them. Maybe you should type in Lexmark and search.

Collapse -
Lexmark Won't Go Away
by SeniorEd / June 27, 2013 10:37 AM PDT
In reply to: Did you try

That was one of the first things I did. The result was a bunch of files. Some of them were program files to other programs on the computer. I didn't want to remove those since it would damage other programs. I may have to uninstall these programs and reinstall them later. I'm ready for anything. I did download the revouninstaller but haven't checked yet to see if the error is still being reported. The registry cleaner, while doing some things, just doesn't address this problem.

Collapse -
well you could reinstall
by itsdigger / June 27, 2013 10:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Lexmark Won't Go Away

the Lexmark program and than uninstall it with Revo using the advanced mode . I'd do that before using any registry cleaner. Just a thought...Digger

Collapse -
Tried everything
by SeniorEd / June 27, 2013 10:57 AM PDT

I did everything using the Revo. It still is there. I think I'll start uninstalling the programs where the word Lexmark is found. They are things such as hobby printing programs for pictures etc...
Thank-you to everyone on here for the suggestions.

Collapse -
Love the Revo
by SeniorEd / June 29, 2013 8:49 PM PDT

The Revouninstaller works like a wonder. I was able to uninstall some programs that I thought may have caused the HP to bog down. When I ran the scan included I was surprised at the files still left. I am running a registry cleaner. That is helping with some other problems. However the Lexmark error is still there but, doesn't seem to be creating any performance problems. I am now running the Microsoft Safety Scanner even though I already have a good anti-virus, to see if it brings up anything.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.