PC Hardware forum

General discussion

Lenovo Q series PC BIOS update ?

by joddyjackson / March 18, 2007 11:49 PM PDT

I have a Lenovo 3000 Q100(Q series) desktop , model name - 882211Q.
How can i Update The BIOS of my PC free of cost ? I have tried the Lenovo webpage, but it has BIOS update mostly for IBM PCs.

My PC specs:-
BIOS Date: 10/13/05
BIOS Type: American Megatrends
BIOS ID: 63-0100-000001-00101111-101305-Lakeport-551L1519
OEM Sign-On:
Chipset: Intel 2770 rev 2
Superio: ITE 8712F rev 8 found at port 2Eh
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz 3059 Mhz MAX: 3059 Mhz
BIOS ROM In Socket: Yes
ACPI Revision: 1.0
Intel 945G chipset

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Lenovo Q series PC BIOS update ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Lenovo Q series PC BIOS update ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hint. Look in the IBM desktops for that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 19, 2007 12:30 AM PDT

But what are we trying to fix?

Collapse -
Want Updated BIOs with SLIC
by joddyjackson / March 20, 2007 8:28 PM PDT

My Current BIOS does not have SLIC table. I want to Update my PC BIOS to new BIOS with SLIC table.

Collapse -
Do they offer such?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2007 10:00 PM PDT

If not then don't look at IBM or Lenovo. Try mrbios.com ($$$)

Collapse -
link not present
by joddyjackson / March 20, 2007 11:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Do they offer such?

mrbios.com link is not working

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 20, 2007 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: link not present
Collapse -
Still not found !
by joddyjackson / March 22, 2007 7:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Dang.

still not found mrbios.com in google.
Please help me anybody, is there any other way i can get Free BIOS update for my Lenovo PC ?

Collapse -
Let me more blunt.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 22, 2007 11:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Still not found !

Sometimes that works.

-> What version BIOS do you have and what version is Lenovo/IBM offering?

Question 2. What's not working?

Collapse -
Re:Let me more blunt
by joddyjackson / March 23, 2007 9:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Let me more blunt.

There is no BIOS Update offered by Lenovo/IBM for my PC ?

Collapse -
Sorry, I can't help.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 23, 2007 9:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Re:Let me more blunt

You don't answer my questions so what to do here?

Collapse -
what is problem?
by CompleteKnowItAll / April 16, 2008 5:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Sorry, I can't help.

he wants slic because:

A new way to crack or bypass Windows Vista activation is by installing OEM version of Vista on your PC. However, Windows Vista OEM activation needs a new table named SLIC in ACPI module of computer BIOS, and new values in RSTD table, as part of SLP 2.0 (System-Locked Preinstallation). If your motherboard or BIOS ACPI module does not contains the SLIC table, you will need to modify or patch the BIOS to add in the table , plus set a correct OEM ID and OEM Table ID that match the corresponding OEM digital certificate. After modification, you can install Windows Vista with OEM product key and has Windows Vista activated instantly without the need to activate online, as if your Vista system is OEM version that comes preinstalled in branded computer such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer and etc.

Collapse -
THAT could result in a locked discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 16, 2008 6:08 AM PDT
In reply to: what is problem?

Please check the forum policies.

Collapse -
Lenovo 3000 Y500
by nannuforever / April 11, 2009 7:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Do they offer such?

Hi Guys,

I have a Lenovo 3000 Y 500 notebook with me and when it has its Bios password Locked. This is the second time it is happening. When it boots it asks for the Bios password. I have not set any passwords before and now also. What happened last time when this happened i went to the Lenovo repair centre and they informed me that motherboard has to be changed. But i refused and i came back and found another lenovo showroom later in another city and i just checked out. He upgraded the bios ( i dont know how - he just told me ) and it got fixed. Now again this issue has happened and when i went to the same person i knew he had quit and now the current ppl there are saying that theire is no other option that replacing the mother board. Also i did not have my previos bill with me too. Now please tell me how can i upgrade my Bios. Please let me know if you need more information.

Collapse -
(NT) Sorry to hear about your loss.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 11, 2009 7:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Lenovo 3000 Y500
Collapse -
Please help
by nannuforever / April 11, 2009 8:43 AM PDT

Can anybody help me on the same. I also found out that some security chip is used in lenovo laps.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.