Speakeasy forum

Rant

Left mostly silent on racist attack

by TONI H / February 28, 2013 9:15 PM PST
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Left mostly silent on racist attack
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Left mostly silent on racist attack
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
They made some noise...................... just not enough?
by JP Bill / March 1, 2013 5:11 AM PST
Collapse -
The comments were apparently "tweeted" onto the site....
by Josh K / March 1, 2013 7:10 AM PST

....by a conspiracy nut. They weren't comments made by the PAC itself. I see the PAC has apologized and promised better screening of what gets posted on their site from here on.

I haven't heard anything about it from the Right either, so it would appear that everyone was mostly silent. You guys on the Right were probably wise not to make too much fuss over it; you might seem hypocritical for not expressing enough outrage over all the racist birther attacks against the president. The Republican nominee even campaigned alongside a prominent blabberer of that nonsense without apology for it.

Collapse -
(NT) actually I heard it on CBS, both last night and this morning
by Roger NC / March 1, 2013 7:11 AM PST
Collapse -
With new ownership at CBS
by TONI H / March 1, 2013 7:43 AM PST

I have to admit that although still pretty liberal they are far more fair in their reporting lately than they had been.

Collapse -
they're still liberal no doubt
by Roger NC / March 1, 2013 8:24 AM PST

but I watch CBS first for the local news then the national. In the morning I turn it own while getting ready for work for the local and catch a bit of CBS This Morning.

Frankly I use to watch Fox when I was working afternoon shift, but the Fox general channel doesn't fit any news into my schedule since right now I'm straight days, and Fox Cable News got so strident I gave up on 90% of it.

I read a links from Fox, some from here, some from friends, but can't stand any of the programs that are so popular for the Fox fandom.

Collapse -
So I guess you won't be making another claim....
by Josh K / March 1, 2013 11:39 PM PST

.....that "thousands" of media outlets intentionally ignored this local story.

Collapse -
Any more than you would
by TONI H / March 2, 2013 12:48 AM PST

prove your claims of Tea Party members are racists and that they shouted racial slurs to Congressional members and spat on them, right? Nor will you admit to liberal bias and favoritism for this administration and deliberately editing to slant a story (like NBC just did again to show Michelle Obama's inaccurate statement in a better light regarding the shooting death of that young girl).

Collapse -
(NT) So that's a "No, I won't be?"
by Josh K / March 2, 2013 4:58 AM PST
Collapse -
PACs' were pretty much designated as hatchet men...
by grimgraphix / March 3, 2013 8:36 AM PST

... with the Swift Boat ads 10 years ago. The dirty tactics are both lauded and condemned by both sides as suits the partisan purpose of whichever group benefits from the borderline slander.

It's gonna continue as long as it garners votes.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.