iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

LED Flash for Smartphones and Tablets?

by iblazr / May 27, 2013 8:19 PM PDT

Hi, guys. This post isn't an advertisement or spam. I really want to hear some feedback about our invention. It's a first LED Flash for smartphones and tablets. Portable, powerful, easy-to-use flash which can be controlled from any mobile device using 3.5 mm audio jack.

What do you think about such device? Do you really need a powerful flash for your camera phone? How much will you pay for external flash?

We are planning to launch our device at kickstarter soon and its really important to hear your feedback!

Hope thread's moderator will allow to post a few photos of device and test pictures Happy

Thank you!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LED Flash for Smartphones and Tablets?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LED Flash for Smartphones and Tablets?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If you feel it's viable, sell your idea fast.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 28, 2013 12:59 AM PDT

The number of folk that have this phone, need that flash is too much a niche product. Look at camera owners and how many use a remote flash. You are talking about a very small percentage.

I strongly suggest you sell your idea and take your money off to your next bigger idea.

Collapse -
It's viable..
by iblazr / May 30, 2013 5:42 AM PDT

We think that above-listed idea is really viable, cause the market is obviously a huge.
Nowadays the iphoneography is the most popular trend and it still growing up. A few years ago Flickr made a announcement that cameraphones had passed all professional cameras in comparison of total amount of added photos by.

We created a unique device, so e will find our consumers. I hope you will agree with it when you see a video on kickstarter Wink

Thank you for reply!

Collapse -
As you research more, the dimmer it gets.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 30, 2013 10:40 AM PDT
In reply to: It's viable..

I'm sure you've noticed Nokia's new low light cell phone camera. It won't take long for this to filter into other phones. Move fast as it seems the window of opportunity is closing fast.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.