Samsung forum

General discussion

LCD TV will not power on.

by Sanchezs11 / December 19, 2009 9:31 AM PST

I keep getting the "clicking" and the red standby light blinking but it will not power on. I looked at the capacitors and they were ok, but I replaced them anyway and still nothing. I've since purchased a new board and still nothing. Does anyone have ANY idea what to do? PLEASE HELP!!

Model # Ln52a550

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: LCD TV will not power on.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: LCD TV will not power on.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Sanchezs11 / December 20, 2009 3:15 AM PST

Does ANYONE have any input, I thought this is what this board was for? I've started 3 threads on this forum and I am yet to have a SAMSUNG tech reply. I have been without my $2,700 TV for 4 weeks now and I am getting increasingly frustrated and desperate.

Samsung customer service has been completely worthless and I am getting no help from ANYONE!

Collapse -
LCD TV will not power on.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 20, 2009 6:45 AM PST

If the board replacement didn't do the trick, I'm not sure what to advise. The suggestion is to have a service tech inspect your unit, but it's incredibly difficult to diagnose a problem based on, "it doesn't turn on".

I can't suggest parts or even working on your own TV. People who choose to can do that, but I can't see what you're looking at.

Collapse -
LN T4665F LCD powers on and off issues
by connie53 / December 23, 2009 1:04 PM PST

Our 1 1/2 year old lcd Has had issues for the last month of powering on and off took forever to get it to actually power on and stay on. Now it wont turn on at all. Just goes thru the click sound on and off. No picture. I cant even turn it off.I need to unplug it. The second time I talked to Samsung there response was LCD are different then the DLP even though they are having the same issues of problems there has not been enough LCD with problems for them to look into yet. SO anyone with a LCD with power on and off issues or the Dots Issues which ours also has need to complain. We are on our own for repairs.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.